Sometimes I HATE People!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Sorry to hear about your woes JP. What a pain. :(
I know you said you don't really want the car back but if this guy wasn't sticking to the original deal and TOLD me he wasn't going to give me my car back I'm pretty sure I'd have something to say about that on principle alone. You have the title. I don't see what could have stopped you from unloading his bike, getting into YOUR car and driving it away.

Is this the kind of car you have JP? If so they seem to be selling on e-bay for less than what the bike is worth. If you really don't want the car back, it may just be easier to keep and repair the bike yourself. Do you have to have a title for the bike?

(by the way, this car is listed as a 1980 MG: MGB Roadster)

Attachments

• i-1_b.jpg
    i-1_b.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 249

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Wow. That's EXACTLY what the car looks like. Except. . .the paint is pretty weak, and the front spoiler/apron is missing, and the overdrive doesn't work, and the top is missing, and it needs rotors and pads, and the interior isn't that great, and the tires are dry-rotted from sitting for two years, and both tail light lenses are cracked, and, and, and. . .

What the heck was I thinking? I'm going to deliver the title and pray that the guy doesn't change his mind. It occured to me (during the long drive to SC) that I REALLY don't want the car. I'm kinda relieved that he decided to keep it. If he hadn't changed his mind, I would have taken it back. . .like an idiot.

I dunno, Jaybird. To "B", or not to "B". That is the question. I could swear that the nifty hardbacked owner's manual said MG "B" on the cover. I've been wrong before.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Well, A B is a B is a B, unless of course it's a GT.
No doubt that the car speedy pictured is a B. My 77 looked exactly like it, save for color. I was just thinking that they didn't reffer to B's as roadsters, I thought they were Tourers. I've been wrong before...I remember once back in 1968.....

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
keep bike! have fixed @ ktm shop. submite bill to jr, with letter stating your intention. I'd still send out the title. so you have keep up your end of the deal. then off to court if he fails to keep up his end. ( I'd rather pay to have the bike fixed. then own a MG)

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Dang Jp, when I asked you for a ride review of the KTM, I didnt expect to read all these flames!!!!!
From what I have seen of MG's and how you described yours, it seems like you are lucky to have something, let alone a KTM.
Hope the problem isnt too $$. Is there a title to the KTM and if so, do you have it?
If you ever want to get him back, just take over some of that STANKY grip glue of yours and do a sabotage...LOL :p

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Z, the car wasn't that bad. I never would have been happy with it though. I'm just really picky about my stuff. Still, a couple of months ago, I offered it to a guy for $2500. He turned it down. There's NO market for these cars in this Alabama. If I can get the 380 buttoned up for 3 or 4 hundred, I'll be ahead of the game.

marlin, it's not worth the trouble. I'll just get the bike fixed and enjoy it. The 380 isn't hammered or anything. The shifter prob is just one of those things. A bolt backed out of the shift star/drum/whatever you call it. It's in pretty good shape overall. It has new Michelin S-12's, new graphics and seatcover, new brake pads, and I even got a lift stand with it. It just needs a good scrubbing and some TLC.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
JP,
All things considered you got the better deal.
PK

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
pretty much the way I feel also. just gave some option's, your miles ahead any way. most likey it's somthing simple. good luck!

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'm gonna give Wrench a call today. If he can get the bike straightened out in time for TNT, I'll be happy to take it with. I've ridden the bike in the woods before, but it's never been on a track. I can't wait to find out if it will cure my holeshot problem. :confused:

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
Originally posted by Bill Hibbs
I had about 8 MGD's the other night. Then I got a headache.
ROTFLMAO we're talking about cars.... not beer they don't mix well. I'm 13 and I know that!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
geez bill, only 8? you must have put away twice that much at dirtweek and had no problems ;)
when's everyone riding again by the way? PM me sometime and let me know.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Hey JP,
After you run it out at the TNT, have a victory beer ;) (Yup cheated death ounce again!) for me and all those that couldn't make it!
PK :aj:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'm gonna figure out a way to hook my crotch to the gas cap, and then maybe I won't loop it when the gate drops. It's definitely going to be a challenge. I had an epiphany last night about the gearbox problem. If i can get it stuck into third gear, that should be all I'll ever need.

Bill - :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
You just gotta get your package up there behind the filler cap, get your chest up over the triple clamps, and SLIP the clutch for the first 30 yds. LOL! :confused:

BTW-make sure your feet are rotated around to the front of your pegs so you don't slide backwards; that's an instant power-wheelie! :debil:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I got a phone call from the MG/KTM trade guy this morning. After he screwed me, I signed the back of the title and gave it to him. I figured the deal was done, but now he says that I need to have the car registered in my name and then sign the new title over to him. I apologized and offered to meet him to pick up the title. After I agreed to take care of the title situation, he offered me $400 towards the repairs on the KTM. He said "it's been bothering me for a long time." We have several mutual friends, and evidently they've been riding his ass about the deal.

Even if he doesn't follow through with the $$, I'm happy that he admitted that he screwed me.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I don't know yet. I still haven't ridden it. I finally got the graphics and seat cover on it, but I haven't taken it to the track. It took me a week to get the nasty thing clean.

It looks pretty good. :cool:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
JP, I may hear something from David about pipe repairs on Friday. Did you make a decision on the pipe? New one? Or what?

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll have to ride it as is for a while. If I ever get off welfare, I'm going to step up and buy a new one. The plating is coming off the old one, and I doubt that anyone can repair that.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
JP look in the phone book under plating. Or other metal shops.

We have a shop here called Supreme Plating, anyways to replate a pipe it is about 55 bucks Canadian or about 30 American :aj:

Ps when you get it done it has that WICKED new shine!!

DangerGirl

Aug 3, 2002
Damn, I remember while I was rebuilding a '62 Lincoln Continental, finding someone to rechrome what needed it (read: all) was a pain in the *ss and expensive. You would think that In Charlotte, NC there would be a prolificy of people to do that sort of work, but apparently not.

p.s. people DO suck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom