xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
I just picked up a used '04 RM125 and i got the bike to start a few times until i thought i fouled a plug. so i took the spark plug wire off the plug and pulled the plug out. what i found was that the spark plug had no cap where it would connect to the plug wire. i'm not sure if the cap got stuck in the plug wire or if it fell out but it's not there.

to test if the cap was stuck in the wire, i took a new plug and tried to push it into the wire but it wouldn't fit so i assumed that the cap was stuck in there.

another possibility is that the cap is lost and the reason other plugs won't fit is because the plug wire is different? the plug wire doesn't look stock and it has NGK on it and the plug that was in the bike was a br8eix. i was trying to push in a br8eg. are the cap sizes different? i even tried taking the cap off the eg and putting it on the eix but it wouldn't fit...i'm getting desperate.

anyone have anything that could possibly help me out?

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
honestly, i don't know. i never really bothered to check what the inside of the wire lookes like. i've tried putting in the plug without the cap into the wire and screwing it on in order to pull out the cap that i thought was in there, but it's basically screwing into nothing.

Top Bottom