Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by mx547

it's still in the 100+ temperature range with high humidity here before school starts. it would probably be very uncomfortable for the northern guys.

:) It gets 100 degrees with +90% humidity all the time in Chicago. The only time we're uncomfortable is when the snow on the ground is higher than your gas cap and you CAN'T ride. Word has it it once got above 75F in Canada so I KNOW C-Dave and the rest of the Canuckleheads can handle it :confused:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think C-Dave would show up even if it was 130F as long as we promised him we had Pop-Tarts!:confused:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I second LT's motion. I'll bring the beer! (Pabst Blue Ribbon Light was on sale the other day!:D )

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
One thing is for sure... DW will never be on a coast !
Sorry we can't have it in your backyard :)

Oklahoma is it (assuming we can do the deal with Cooperland since it changed ownership).

Right dab in the middle of the country. If you arent willing to drive, you obviously don't know what you've been missing. :D

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
October in Oklahoma is going to be fantastic. I can't believe it's going to be so close to me here in Texas. I'm definitely going to be there. Gotta start getting in shape, so I'll look my best in a tutu.

fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
Ok, I've been hearing all about this, and I want to go! Where is cooperland? I tried to find it on Map Quest with no luck. If I plan it now, I can definately go!;)

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
1332 miles to Oklahoma City. . . . Divided by 65 = . . . Divided by 70= . . . Hmmmm, divided by 75 = 17.76 . . . such a patriotic number. Now if Elk and I share a ride, flashin' the badge and beggin' for reciprocity . . . hmmmm. . . maybe see what Yarbo can do . . . one long day and we're there . . . then one day to recover, and ready to ride. . . . .

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Here's a slightly biased vote for Cooperland (70 miles away) just rode there
Sunday. They have a really nice MX track and one of the best kid's tracks
you'll ever see. I just got a computer in Aug. and already was committed to
a Taylor lake trip before I found the awesome DRN. I would have to recommend Rampart Range over Taylor Lake (infinite rocks). I though maybe
DW would always be in IL, but Cooperland is almost too good to be true!
Our local shop rents Cooperland once a year for customer appreciation and
that day rocks !

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Cooperland is just west of Stillwater OK. There is also a city owned park just a few miles from Cooperland, it's called the 500. It has more trails than Cooperland and a nasty SX track. Cooperland has a great track and about a 7 mile loop in the woods. I do not remmeber a GP track there but the woods trails blow away LTM trails. (Although the loop that was put together for the hare scramble was good)
Stillwater is a college town. Home of OSU. With lots of resturaunts, hotels etc. Definetly a place to consider.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
:) I think I'll start working on my kitchen pass.:D

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Cooperland or Bust

:)

Attachments

• cooperlandorbust.gif
    cooperlandorbust.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 229

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
In my case...

it's not the distance, but the location. Although Cooperland is closer to Houston so I could send Mrs. Woods down to visit her family while I ride. :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
So you’re going to try and use shame and guilt on me, are ya? ;) Who knows what will happen in a year.

B

biglou

Re: Too far!

RMG-I'll tell you what I told Papakeith: "You just make it to KC and we'll work something out from here!" Seriously, If you East Coasters wanna swing through KC, there are plenty of us here to set you up for a good night's rest and a good meal and then we'll caravan to Cooperland from here. Maybe even get in a little riding at some of KC's local spots if any of you have the time! Just lemme know. I've got a big enough house with a finished, EMPTY basement for plenty o' sleeping bags, cots etc...:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Don't let the distance turn you away. The best experiense you will ever have is waiting for you. If a big Dirtweek event was happening in Washington state or Maine, I would find some way of getting there. Dirtweek is better than Mardi Gras and the Super Bowl combined. If you have read some of the posts in the Dirtweek Forum you'll begin to understand how special the members really are. I've got a place for people to stay or do repairs 45 minutes from Cooperland so start saving your milk money and plan on making the trip.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Too far to drive?!

Get some friends and tag team it! I did it by myself since TwinSpar had another commitment come up. 1,090 miles in just under 16 hours each way, my KTM puked a crank seal so it never left the pits but I still had a blast! If you can not have a great time at Dirt Week you need to sell your bike and take up bridge on Wednesday nights at the old folks home (tell TwinSpar I said "Hi").

Top Bottom