Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
I've heard a lot about this guy Stefan Everts and he is considered the GOAT over in europe, i have never seen the guy race ,but since this is his retirement year and will never get a chance to see him race Ricky or Bubba, does anybody know how good this guy is compared to Ricky or Bubba ? Who would eat whose roost ?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He's raced with RC (2 DesNations on Everts turf),three times that I can recall (Here at Southwick? Can't recall what track)? Am I missing something?
He lost each time.

Bubba won't get the chance to spank him.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
He's raced with RC (2 DesNations on Everts turf),three times that I can recall (Here at Southwick? Can't recall what track)? Am I missing something?
He lost each time.

Bubba won't get the chance to spank him.
Then he is not the GOAT as he is beeing called in europe. I was just reading about his retirement on cyclenews.com.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
In Europe, he's def. the GOAT... for what that's worth :p
Seriously... he's had a tremendous career.
How would you rank him with the rest of today's AMA lineup, may be below Tedesco ?

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
The GOAT in Europe?

Wow, that's like winning the Special Olympics or something. :laugh:

He couldn't carry RC's jock, as evidenced by the number of times RC spanked him in a straight-up race.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
So he is an outdoor GOAT only in europe, no way near Ricky / Bubba level, explains why he never tryed to race fulltime against the best on planet (atleast arenacross).

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The only rider I would concede victory against Everts is RC. Stewart has the speed to beat him as he does RC but Everts is just as consistent as RC so that could go either way depending on James. Everts would be in a battle with Reed and K-Dub for 3rd over here on the days James keeps it on 2 wheels.

Everts is an amazing talent who in 2003 won all three classes (MX1, MX2 and MX3) in the same day at a GP. He also decided after the GP season in 2003 to head over to the ISDE for ****s and giggles and won one of if not the most demanding Enduro event in the world on his first attempt.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
No question Everts is one of the best MX racers of all time. Top 10 ever? I think so. Up there with guys like Decoster and Robert.

IMO, RC is the best ever.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Chili said:
The only rider I would concede victory against Everts is RC. Stewart has the speed to beat him as he does RC but Everts is just as consistent as RC so that could go either way depending on James. Everts would be in a battle with Reed and K-Dub for 3rd over here on the days James keeps it on 2 wheels.

Everts is an amazing talent who in 2003 won all three classes (MX1, MX2 and MX3) in the same day at a GP. He also decided after the GP season in 2003 to head over to the ISDE for ****s and giggles and won one of if not the most demanding Enduro event in the world on his first attempt.
But but but, he is not tested on a techinical most demanding and quiet risky sx track week after week against the best sx riders in the world.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Red Mamba said:
But but but, he is not tested on a techinical most demanding and quiet risky sx track week after week against the best sx riders in the world.

true and he wouldnt last on them, he hasnt been brought up on them like RC etc, you cant compare really, Rc is faster and more consistant, Bubba is not really a comparison and he hasnt actually won a big bike title, and everts has about 7!!Bubba would ride away from Everts on any track but Evert would probably still beat him over a season.In fact most decent 250 riders beat Bubba over a season!! :rotfl:

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
Everts at his peak and RC at his would be interesting. As for right now, I think we should remember that Everts was winning titles when Stewart was still on his stabilisers. I have never seen a rider with such skill and smooth speed as Everts, and I doubt I ever will. As for SX, its not been something that european riders have been brought up with.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
Okay.. you went from RC to JS...
Forget "prime" ... Everts has NEVER been as fast as RC. Let's not go overboard here, lol. He was spanked by RC when he was spanking all the Euros.. yes? Even spanked by KW "back in the day".
Simple fact is.. Everts is a great champ, but GOAT? NO FREAKIN WAY.

(DAMN THE "GOAT" thing)
Did Chad Reed get a piece of him too ? I think if Reed was racing in europe he would deserve to be the GOAT without doubt.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
Mr. Mamba... You need to read a little moto history bro.

Seems like you are trying to belittle the accomplishments of Everts...
The guy is a great champion that's been VERY good for the sport.
Abusolutely he is a great champ over in europe without doubt after beating every rider in europe, but since i've never seen him race and dont have a chance to watch european races, after reading and admiring his acomplishments, iam just trying to size him up with the greatest riders of today and see where he ranks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom