Stewart Injured

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx
Stewart injured at Las Vegas

Team Kawasaki's James Stewart ran the #1w at the season-ending Las Vegas Supercross, but his time in the Dave Coombs Sr. 125 East-West Shootout was limited. Stewart bobbled early in the race while in the lead, giving up several positions. As he tried to charge through the pack, he suffered a spectacular get-off just after the finish-line triple; his front end dropped and kept dropping, sending Bubba crashing to the ground.

According to a sorce close to Stewart, James suffered a broken clavicle and a mild concussion, and could be out of action for four to six weeks.

We won't spoil any more surprises about the main event - tune in to ABC's Wide World of Sports tomorrow afternoon (check your local listings) to catch their next-day coverage. And stay tuned to Racerxill.com for more updates as we get them.

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Or maybe Ryan Huges? Did anyone see motoworld? He said hes comming back and that hes hopping for top three's but now with Stewart gone who knows.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Stewart injured

I'm surprised it took so long. Hopefully, that will be the worst injury he ever has and will be enough to cause him to chill just a little. He has enough ability to kill the competition without having to kill himself.

Earthpilot

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I second the Ryan Hughes possibility, he is fast and ready to race outdoors,
Brown will be right there also.. no Stewart, Jesseman, Walker for the first few 125 rounds, it will be interesting. Stewart's crash was ugly, big endo and actually his second crash in the main... you know he won't ever run anything but #259 again!

Lostrider

Jan 21, 2002
I wondered what the damage was.......never heard before the race was over. I saw him rocket out of the gate and my first thought was "He's gone" Next thing you see is him in the blocks and then launching off the bike. too bad.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
When Stewart made the first little mistake and lost 1st, I knew he was going to make more mistakes in the process of trying to get 1st place back. In 10 seconds he was down for good. It wasn't pretty.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
But he has raced more too. I'm not defending Ricky I just think it may be unfair to compare the two.

portish

Jan 5, 2003
i read on racerx that chad reed dedicated his vegas win to james stewart, whats up with that? i thought he hated stewart. was he making fun of stewarts crash or what?

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
Who knows? I don't think Reed as forgotten the embarressment Bubba gave him in the nationals last year.....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OR maybe he really felt for Bubba and was being a true sportsman? I think they both REALLY like the racing part and have not been in a position of protecting the #1 plate in the 250 class. But they race on a completly different plane so it's hard to speculate what they really mean when they say something like that.

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
I like Reed and hes currently my favorite rider but I really cant see that
statement being anything but sarcastic. Seriously, why would he donate his money
to a FACTORY SPONSERED rider?

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Yeah......Chad makes little comments here and there to try and belittle his competition and then masks his sarcasm with a slight hint of sincerity...In Dallas Ricky fell in the whoops in practice and after Chad's heat race he got on the podium and mentioned that he was disappointed that they made the whoops smaller.."someone falls in the whoops and they make them smaller, now there's no way to tell the men from the boys". He slips little comments like that here and there and unless you know what's going on you won't pick up on it.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by portish
i read on racerx that chad reed dedicated his vegas win to james stewart, whats up with that? i thought he hated stewart. was he making fun of stewarts crash or what?

Chad makes a sincere comment for a fellow rider who went down hard during his race, wishes him well, and you guys think he is having a dig at him. Cripes, you guys are very sceptical.

By the way, where was Jesseman? Is he out injured as well?

Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
I though Stewart said he was going to continue running #259 at SLC, anyone else remember that? Didn't he have a new helmet as Vegas too?

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
ASctually I am not the biggest Reed fan, but I thought that the concern for Bubba sounded genuine. To me Reed sounds kind of cocky, but he likes the idea of everyone being healthy so he can beat 'em. That attitude I have to respect. (BTW, if I'm wrong and he is being sarcastic then all admiration is subject to recall)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I think Reed was probably sincere. If he was trying to tell Bubba that he can now beat the best in the world (RC, up 'til now), I think that point was made after about three or four in a row.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Is there a clip of Bubba's crash online anywhere? I saw it on TV yesterday but my friend missed it. Did anyone else think it looked like he was out cold?

Khris

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think some folks may take what he says wrong because of his accent. Cripes have any of you ever sat down and had a beer with Kiwi? The guy is super funny but at first you don't know if he's being sharp tongued or sharp witted. :)

I don't think Bubba was out cold but it was pretty obvious he wasn't at the same place as everybody else! I imagine he looked a little like this :confused:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…