XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
From RacerX:

Stewart to San Manuel?

The rumor of the day is that Chad Reed and San Manuel have not come to terms for 2009, and that James Stewart will be taking his place. Several team managers have confirmed this, so stay tuned to Racer X for more on this development.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I'm suspecting that the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians determined that: (choose all that apply.)

1.) Chad Reed didn't meet their criteria for the "Warrior" status that he claims.

2.) They (SMBoMI) already had all of the warriors that they needed in their tribe.

3.) Bubbles will have more time to spend with with them as he actually takes time off to recover from his injuries.

4.) B.S. understands the term "minority"

5.) Chad's YZF making loud "POP, POP, POP," noises at Daytona reminded them of gunfire, and made them uneasy.

6.) Other reasons (please list :cool: )

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Maybe they did not get the return of the investment the made and/or times are getting slow and people are not gambling.

2x SX Champ, I'm sure he will find a replacement :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think in these days of high fuel costs it makes great sense! Chad gets injured but typically still races, Bubba doesn't. Think of the savings! They are making a very clever business decission :)

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Patman said:
I think in these days of high fuel costs it makes great sense! Chad gets injured but typically still races, Bubba doesn't. Think of the savings! They are making a very clever business decission :)
:rotfl: How true. Maybe they could tell the riders who actually race to hit the kill switch when in the air to further reduce fuel cost. ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Fuel is high? Been to the grocery store lately? Have you seen the price of copper and brass plumbing supplies, guess what, it is high also! The end of days must truly be at hand. The hillary bandwagon is pretty close to my house. Some quality advertising time. Big DRN stickers would go a long way today! I will relay the concerns about gas, and Bubba.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
more from last week's racerhead:
  1. Apparently, Reed was notified by email that L&M would not be signing him for 2009
  2. Reed: “I think the Gibbs thing would be an interesting fit. My motivation would be there for one, and they are Yamaha. Two, they’re an outfit that has a great name behind them and would possibly open up many doors for my future…."
  3. Reed: "I think they’ve got a great rider that’s probably going to go there next year for sure. That guy will bring some good results and be a great team mate if I were to go there too.”
  4. Reed: “I have been here almost seven years and it’s all been Yamaha and definitely would like to see where we end up with negotiating with those guys."
  5. Stewart is not only taking Reed’s place at L&M Racing—brand to be determined later—but he may have already signed an SX-only deal.

Interesting. Looks like Reed is looking at NASCAR too, who's the other rider Reed is talking about, and I bet Stewart ends up on a Honda.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
Interesting. Looks like Reed is looking at NASCAR too, who's the other rider Reed is talking about, and I bet Stewart ends up on a Honda.

Gavin Gracyk signed with Gibbs about a month ago.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Pred's trolling. Nothing to back up L&M or JBS looking at Honda, but the rest was pretty good! One guy crosses over to the ultimate redneck dream, and bam, everyone wants to be king of nascar! Anyone seen RC at the circle?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I have a source that backs up the Honda/JS with insider info and my source is a long time DRN member.

Top Bottom