oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I dread doing this as I know in my exhausted state from having just driven 840 miles home I will miss someone so please accept my apology if I overlooked you.
Once again the entire Okie Family (scooter, Kristen, shiftless, Pokie, Crispy, and Jim) has gone way over board to throw the best extended family reunion in the world :yeehaw: . They had every aspect covered and double coverred.

Next Thump and Sarah- thanks for working the phones all year to hook up sponsors so most everyone had not just memories to take home.

Patman thanks for making sure I was doing my duties (and coverring for me when I wasn't)

the sponsors for making dirtweek come to be what it is- without them there is no way this could be done for a $20 fee

Buddy Walton from Proclean- once again he stepped forward to make sure I had more then ample prizes for the scavenger hunt. On top of that he donated a very special item to help a young man who couldn't be with us hopefully realize he was missed and rekindle his desire to be there next year. (I will go into this further once it gets deliverred)

Gomer for bringing Lori with him. Whenever anyone takes a dirt sample she magically appears and makes sure they are well enough to continue or that they get proper treatment. There is noone else I would want to be looking up at as I lay on the ground (I know from experience). Lori's energy is limitless when it comes to taking care of everyone.

Kav for spending his first days home with us. He took very good care of the DW flag and made sure he as well as the flag returned home safe.

Tony , Bswift and the rest of the Heartland Spodes for making sure every detail is checked out and then perfected. If you went home dirty or hungry it is your fault because they had it coverred.

Zoomer for jumping in when Dr D got delayed and couldn't teach the kids MX school. He saved the day for Patman and I and made the kids day complete.

The kids who came out to race. Whether they finished first or last every one of them gave it their all and came off the track smiling.

Dr D and Guy Cooper for proving that not only reindeer can fly :worship: . They put on an exhibition that you had to be there to believe.

Brownie for letting us tread on what should be hallowed ground- Your backyard is an amazing place.

Mick for showing everyone the 'down under' way to ride a last lap of a nighttime woods race.

Every last person that attended for being there -without you dirtweek would be a bit boring. I can not imagine a more perfect place to be with my son to witness that the world really is a great place.
Thanks for another week that will live in my heart forever :aj:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by oldguy
Gomer for bringing Lori with him. Whenever anyone takes a dirt sample she magically appears and makes sure they are well enough to continue or that they get proper treatment. There is noone else I would want to be looking up at as I lay on the ground (I know from experience). Lori's energy is limitless when it comes to taking care of everyone.

People have often asked me to describe Gomer and I always say that he and his family are the people that if they are at the track and someone's bike breaks, someone falls or if someone simply needs a little help clearing a double for the first time they are there within 5 minutes - even if they are on the other side of the park. It is magical how they always seem to be there to help people even when the person doesn't realize they need help.

Ivan

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I was going to make a list but I won't because it would be to long and I would be afraid of missing someone but a BIG thanx to the Okie clan and Thump for shouldering the load of putting this event together, Asterisk and Billywhos influence on them to be title sponser again Jeff at MX SOUTH and Chris for being a GREAT host. YOU GUYS ROCK .....It was a time that will never be forgotten by anyone that attended :thumb:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
.....It was a time that will never be forgotten by anyone that attended :thumb:

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!

wrench

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom