BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Ok guys, the 500 is need of some membership.  If you haven't got your membership current, please contact me or Justql for a Parks and Recreation form.  Next, Justql and I talked at the last meeting(1-24-03) about 'maning' the gate every weekend of March.  This would mean, arriving early, working the gate checking peoples permits, registering members, and making park users aware that if they are not a member, they are treaspassing.  This would only need to be done until about 1:00pm and then you could ride.  I would like to see all of the Heartland Spodes participate in this endeavor.  We could take different days and weekends trying to keep two people there for each day.

If you can help out post here and we'll get the arrangements made.  I'm open for just about any day at the time but that may be subject to change.

PS, a work weekend at the 500 is scheduled for the weekend of April 4 & 5.

Here's a link to the form:

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i could probably do a sunday. if justin will leave his camper out there, i could do the whole weekend. :eek:

who's buying hideaway?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I actually thought about the camper one weekend. I don't know if the wife would like that, me being gone a whole weekend.

Not a bad idea, maybe a campout there one weekend......... :think: If so we could sleep a few in the camper.

The club needs some volunteers. As is the case in all areas, we have to cross our T's and dot our I's to keep this place.

Too many freeloaders not carrying thier wait......I mean over half of those that ride there do not even buy permits.....

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
I need to join up. Can someone get me a form and where to send it?

Are you still at 12500 Checkerboard Court?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I didn't mean to sound rough with my comment. I am happy to take someone there for a ride with out them buying a permit. If they are a regular they need to buy a permit. though.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:confused: ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Family $25.00 per year.&nbsp; Two adults and kids under 16.&nbsp; $15 each additional adult.

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
Hey Bswift or Justql, me and a friend rode there this past weekend and we were discussing whether donations could be made to help support the riding area. We both have memberships already but for myself, my schedule doesn't allow many free days to volunteer time but I would be more than willing to donate money if there is someway to do that.

Also, do you have any mambership forms in electronic format that could be emailed? I have several friends that are not members that I'm sure would purchase a membership if persuaded.

Thanks

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Donations can be made. If so DO NOT mail them to the city. Send them to Stillwater Trailriders. You can send the stuff to Coopers Locksmith or the Coopers Bike shop. There is a mx track fund that is used to rent a dozer. that is where most people donate thier money to.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Haven't ridden the 500 yet, but I've been wanting to do so for quite some time. I'd be more than happy to join for me and my son, because I know we'll get a chance to ride there soon. If you want, you can email entry forms to: buzzardflatsjim@aol.com. I've heard great things about the 500. I ride Muenster four or five times a month, and I'd like to add some more variety to my riding diet.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DWreck, ViolettSP....can either of you get a registration form and scan it?&nbsp; If not, I'll pick a few up and mail them out.&nbsp; I may be able to check on this tomorrow.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Just a little info

At one time the 500 had 1200 members. It is now below 500 with no visible sign of less riders. The few times that someone has worked the gate the majority of people coming in did not have a permit.

We have to tread lightly because much of a problem and the city will just close the place. If they knew that we had the problem we do they'd close it.

While it is obvious to any one that has ridden there that the mx track is not the best......we try. We just do not have good dirt. We must wait until rain to work it and then it only last a few days.

There are several of us that have tried to get them to tame the track. The last meeting was the first I have ever attended that there were not any motoheads there.

All we need is for those that ride there to buy a permit. If at all possible come to a work day or work a race. They are a blast. We have a Crosscountry and a Enduro this year. Come on out and join the fun.

I'll get off my soap box now.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
There are several of us that have tried to get them to tame the track. The last meeting was the first I have ever attended that there were not any motoheads there.

i was there in spirit. :confused: please don't tame the track.

that should be some good incentive for the moto guys to pay up.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Someone please send me a membership form!!

I had a blast there last year during dirt week, and I hope to do the same this year. I was told not to worry about being a member last year, and that is fine, but I'm not worried about it, I want to contribute!

Places in Iowa got shut down left and right over the last fifteen years, due to lack of funds and memberships....please let me help your cause!!

I may only ride there one week a year, but for $25 it's more than worth it.

&lt;moderator edit&gt;

Thank-you! And see y'all this fall!

Last edited by a moderator:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by RoosteR13

I may only ride there one week a year, but for $25 it's more than worth it.

i only ride there a couple times a year and i live just 110 miles away! i've had a membership since '85. i just want to always have it as option. it's easily worth it.

btw, mcdonalds did used to have good fries. ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
btw, mcdonalds did used to have good fries.

Aaaccckkk! :laugh:

Ok, if I agree with you, will you send me the form? ;)

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I hope it's cool to respond here, Not being a spode and all, but I do have a membership in hand and will be mailed soon for me and my son.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MDkuder, it is definitely cool, :cool:&nbsp;&nbsp; I just picked up a blank form.&nbsp; I will get it scanned and email it to whom ever would like one.&nbsp; Probably 1st of nest week.&nbsp; Rooster13, your help is definitely appreciated.&nbsp;

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
email me one too. i want to keep it to send to those that inquire. i used to have one but can't seem to find it.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i just found my blank form and missing newsletter. my wife had it hidden under a pile of her junk. :think: so justin, you can cancel the investigation into why i haven't been getting newsletters.

i'll see if i can sign up a few people.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The list they had the other night,but it wasn't in alphabetical order so I knew I'd never be able to locate your name. So i didn't look.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I sent a link to everyone that has requested it.&nbsp; If for some reason it does not&nbsp;work, let me know.&nbsp; I have it in several formats.&nbsp;

Last edited:
Top Bottom