Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bob has done it again! I went with the Thunder Alley exhaust with spark arrestor based on Rich's suggestion when we built my XR284 and it has proven to be a most impressive exhaust.So a Thunder Alley system was the natural choice for the XR80 project bike that used to be my son's main ride. The bike has been modified by Rich and Eric Gorr to 95cc with Hot Cam, and worked over head. It made so much power that heavy duty clutch springs were manditory :aj: We ran the stock XR80 exhaust with the core pulled because there was too much back pressure with it installed. How do I know? The head pipe would turn red! With the core out it was fine but you couldn't help but feel there was more there being held back. Well Bob released the beast within :aj: This little fun bike is now SERIOUS fun for both a 217 pound Patman and the mechanic that installed the system who is about 85 pounds and rides a CR85. Will it smoke a 85cc MX'er? Nope, not on a track or where real suspension is needed but I suspect in the woods it could run with one because it pulls like a tractor and runs well in to the upper mid RPM range where the stocker has long signed off.

I am seriously impressed with both the perfect fittment (Bob builds each system on an actual bike not a jig) of the Thunder Alley systems I have purchased and the power improvement is actually very noticable compared to many big names. I dare anybody to try and get.better customer service as well! On second thought don't waste your time because you won't.

http://www.thunder-alley.net/ :cool: :cool:

Top Bottom