TNT 6-29 & 6-30 ......Who's coming?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
So far the Holly Hill gang includes me, Barrett, Stumpy and Mark. We may have one or two more.

Who else is in?

We plan on setting up a camper. Is that cool Gomer (with the owners)? Having never been there, is there somewhere special to setup or just look for you? (Need to setup close to the Gomer shower! :) )

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I'm there! (both days)

I like to park all the way down past the concession building (it kind of opens up into another parking area right before the adult track). We even have some rocks piled in a circle for a late-night fire. There is a shelter in the middle of the parking area that will probably be the gathering point for the festivities, so you may want to park / camp near the edge of the parking area so if any of us turn it into a late-night BS session, it won't be beside someones tent / camper.

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I kinda remember a nice grassy area right next to the track too (where you come out of the woods). I think that's where my tent will go.

See ya'll on Saturday....

I think Wrench was thinking of going. He called me the other night but hasn't called since.....

Since Ivan brought him along to MM, guess it's my turn eh?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Did I mention that it might get cold at night? If so, some of us might even be employing some anitfreeze (of sorts). ;)

Ace...that area is now fenced in as the start area. :(

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I am still pretty sure I am going to make it. Leaning towards Saturday (Is that the day you are going to be there Ivan or both)

Looking forward to getting some more misleading jump advice from Gomer....

Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Oh man! I wish I could have gone with you and lied about how to hit some of that stuff!

and if I can wrangle the XR into the truck as well, might partake in a trail lap or two.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Looking forward to getting some more misleading jump advice from Gomer....
Storytime...

I was at Aonia Pass and hadn't jumped one of the doubles there, yet, so I asked my friend who was how hard he was hitting it. The mistake I made was that we were still riding while I was asking him so he only held up 4 fingers and did a twisting motion with his right hand. I took that to mean 4th gear, full throttle.

It's only about a 40 ft double, slightly uphill, with a 90 degree left turn afterwards. I hit it like he said and landed halfway to the turn. There was no way to stop and I didn't know what was over the berm, so I locked it up, slid it sideways and laid it down just as I went over the berm. I figured (correctly) that if I did it that way, the bike would go farther than me (or at least first). It turns out that over the berm the hill goes down fairly steeply for a ways to a barbed wire fence.

I later found out that he meant, "4th gear, just rolling on the throttle". Oops! :scream:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I was just asking Gomer where you were. Cool, it's starting to grow.

Come up a little short or barb wire? :scream: :)

BTW Mack Reed may come after all. If he gets his brother to come one can ride while the other takes care of little Mackette.

Last edited:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
They are both just open practice days. Normal hours are from 10:00 - 6:00, but since we're camping out we can continue to ride as late as we want and again as early as we want. If anyone is crazy enough, night-time poker runs are a required ingredient for a spodefest! Little tip: either tape a flashlight to your head or your fender, but not both!

It really is fun riding the woods at night. It all looks different when you can't really see it. :eek:

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I'll agree with Ivan, the light on the WR is bright....until you come to a corner and have to let off the gas. Gotta make sure you took a good look at that corner.

The last time I went night riding I blew through a ton of corners until I finally remembered to keep the revs up.

Maybe if I rewire mine to use the Hi Beam wiring it'll be better when I let off the gas....it would be brighter on the straights for sure.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Well I guess I won't be making it after all :whiner: Work and an exploded mc250 bottom end are going to keep me home. You boys have fun and when Gomer goes down in a corner, someone poke him with a stick for me. Better yet, someone get a photo of him center punching a tree :scream:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Damn Lemming. I really was looking forward to riding with you on my home track :)

Hopefully we'll ride together again this year. Maybe a late fall get together at Bremen or something?

Ivan

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
Damn Scott, I'll have to put you over a berm at TNT this weekend :)
He's calling me out! :scream:

Ivan,
Good call. :D

Gotta get me a biGGGGGG flashlight for the KX. This is gonna be fun................I hope. :)

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I'll bring..... Something to do the scoring with cause I'm not goin in those woods at night when I know gomer could be waiting for me! :eek:

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
well, I may not have lights after all :( The WR is in about 400 pieces right now, and I don't yet know if my parts will be here in time to take it this weekend. I may have to bring the husaberg. :debil: I lost compression a couple of days ago and I went into it last night. Good news is nothing is broken, bad news is I only have two days to get the parts and get it together...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Just so that everyone knows...

Everyone that enters the property needs to fill out a membership form and sign a release. The cost to ride is $10 per day and the membership is $10 per year. They do allow you to pay the membership on your second visit, but you still need to fill out the forms before you can get in. The forms are available at the gate or you can print them from:

http://www.tntmotorsportsinc.com/Rules_Location.htm

Directions are also on the above site.

We need to plan what we are going to do for dinner Saturday night. Our options are:

1. Eat cheeseburgers and hot dogs from the concession stand
  2. Bring sammiches (this would require TwinkleSpank to attend so that he could prepare them for us)
  3. Order wings from one of the local restaurants
  4. Gring our own plates and utensils and cook steaks there (we can collect the money and send someeone out for the steaks once we get there)
    [/list=1]

I need everyone that plans to attend to state their preference so that we can prepare. If there is not enough interest in doing something together, we'll just leave it up to everyone to fend for themselves. Unless we specifically plan differently, they usually shut the grill down around 3:00 or 4:00.

Remember, the only camping amenities are porta-potties so come prepared.

P.S. Nobody mentioned this to Wardy. The last time someone mentioned cheeseburgers and motocross in the same zip code, they couldn't get rid of him for a week!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom