fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We will be having the first Trailfest of 2002 in June to avoid the July heat. The location will be at the Jack Pine lodge in Moorestown, MI. I will provide directions in a future post (and I think Jeff Allen can provide the GPS coordinates ;) ).
I am planning a trail ride similar to past events, but I also plan to mark a loop of trail on the clubgrounds. This loop can be used as a warm up lap or for people who do not want to get to far from the clubgrounds. We will arrange to have a chase truck for the trail ride to carry gas and coolers.
If you have a family member who just learing to ride, bring them with you. The clubgrounds has a huge open field that works great for the new rider to practice.
We will also have a "game" where prizes can be won.
I hope everyone can make it. If you have not attended a MI Trailfest, please ask questions. We had a lot of fun last year and at each ride we met new riding buddies.

Mike

P.S. If anyone is interested in helping with trail maintenance, I will be in Moorestown on May 18 and 19. Let me know.

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Mike,
I'll be there for May 18-19. I have guards June 1-2 will try to see if I can get Sat June 1 off. They owe me a day. I have to be there sunday though. I got promoted this past weekend.

Brian

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
We will make it. There is a race that weekend, but I would rather go trail riding at my own pace than trying not to get nocked down by some A rider. That is my Dad's Birthday too!!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Mike,

We (the whole fam damily) will plan to be there. The dates are duly noted on the official family calendar.

If you are going to mark a loop around the club grounds, we should plan an “event” for youngsters and/or novice riders. Wouldn’t that be a hoot!

I know you are scheduling to avoid the heat but it would be great if it were warm enough to go for a swim, if you know what I mean.

I would like to make it up for the trail maintenance weekend too but I will be out of town the entire week previous. We’ll see how it goes.

Brian, congratulations on the promo.

Seeya

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have it tentatively set on the family calendar. I can make it up with my 8-year son Friday evening, and my wife can come up Saturday afternoon with our 2 girls.

Can we camp there?

- Bill

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Brian, Congrats on the promotion!! Do we have to salute you now???

Bill, camping is permitted at the clubgrounds. We try to place the campers around the exterior of the field to allow room for the novice riders to practice.

Badgerman, we will have to work on a novice rider event(s). Maybe a field event and a trail event (some may not be comfortable leaving the field). Swimming??? We might be able to arrange a swimming event like Fred experienced this past weekend (see Rites thread).

Has anyone figured out how one guy gets two signons to DRN? Maybe it is .....Flyin' Brian says going riding...DerHntr (aka wife of Flyin' Brian) says NO.

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I hope Fred has riding shorts to go swimming so we don't happpen to see any :moon: . Mike, to give my .02 cents, when you plan out some trail, add in the trail between 7-mile and naples road. (Horseshoe road) I love the trail(s) in there!! :D

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey!

:moon: :moon: Tom, I got me some of them fancy smancy riding/swimmin combo shorts now...so there! In fact I had them on when I took a little swim this past Sunday...Mike got a real good view of it...big splash! :scream: You guys can count me in and I plan to get there early Friday afternoon. Maybe to help with set up of "Event Trail" for the Kids loop on the grounds. I'll be grilling burgers on Sat nite after the ride...it's tradition. I may end up bringing my son Nathan if he want's to come.

Congrats Brian...will we ever see you?

Mike I'm a maybe for trail maint on Sun the 19th.

FT

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Mike, if you want I can look at some trail on the grounds this weekend. We might open up my granny's trailer so we will be down there. Just let me know.;)

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
Hello All - We have the calendar marked. Badgerman, I will bring the camper out on Friday night with the family. I have the pic of Fred at the "ole swimin hole" Mike won the rights to it with his JackPine t-shirt offer. I will take it with. See you at the lodge! Thanks, Mike. Craig

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Mike, think I KO'd the trans on the truck after the rites:<( whats involed with the trail maintence? will we needs bikes? or is this truck work? Trailfest III - June 1 & 2 I might be able to get aholed of a bike trailer but that would mean sleeping on the ground or making momma pull it up, hey there's a Idea!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
YZinger Polo???? Sounds interesting.

Marlin, trail maintenance involves clearing the fallen trees from the trail and correcting the trail markings. The Lansing Motorcycle Club is responsible to maintain the trail we ride on the TrailFests. We use a combination of bikes and trucks to do the work. My goal would be to get the work done on Saturday and GO FOR A TRAIL RIDE ON SUNDAY!!!

SweepRider

Mar 14, 2002
Originally posted by fatherandson

Has anyone figured out how one guy gets two signons to DRN?

F&S, Badgerman and I use the same e-mail address, so since you register in the DRN by e-mail address, I stole my son's e-mail and used it go get my own DRN name. It's on the same computer, and sometimes the DRN site gets confused (it must look at ip address). However, it's gotten easier to log out as Badgerman and in as Sweeprider now.

Looking forward to the Family Fest! We'll definately bring Badgerman cookies.

Locktite, will Hannah be there? Hurricane wanted to know. Mark, how about EmilyPink?

Can't wait!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
6000 sq ft tent with 4 bedrooms, 3 car garage, den, office, breakfast nook, sunroom and game room by any chance???

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
SweepRider - Yes, Hannah II will be there. On the tent, my wife saw a camper with a bike area in the back last weekend at our races. That's what she wants for Mother's Day. I got her a new Pampered Chef cake pan!! Craig

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Heck, Mom's already got a six man (well six Hobbits maybe) tent! Also, she has me and a nearly new TTR125L ("Luxury Edition").............what more could she want?

I'll bake her some cookies! :)

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Hi Sweep!

Yeah, Ms. Pink will be there! Gonna bring MXPXSnowDrummer (Ben) and KennyAW1 (Andy) as well. We're looking into using the motorhome we used to go to Yellowstone a couple years ago. Otherwise, tenting or the cabin are in.

Sounds like a good time! Motomarie will bring some goodies as well.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
WOW

WOW! This one is going to be special! Too bad...no one in my family can make it.

Top Bottom