I've never had potato's with hair spray :scream:

Anything to go fast like Badgerman ;)

When is Trailfest 4?

Rickshaw

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
This is gonna be good!

I can tell that Rick has never witnessed a demonstration of the latest in high tech vegetable weaponry. :)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Potato gun. Rick is too much of a city slicker to know about them....but I tell you what we can feed the deer in Roscommon from the club grounds!

I don't know if anyone caught this but I'm planning on riding the Mio CCC run on Sat June 15 if anyone has that day open. Lemme know.
FT

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Cool pics Bill, Thanks! Ya know I did have fun on Nappers 50, that was kinda fun but the funniest thing was seeing him for the first time buzzing the kids.....too funny! Are you feeling any better at all yet?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Neat pics!

Man, it just warmed my heart to see the kids (and Napper) zippin' around that field! That's what it's all about! I think I get more excited about the new little bikes anymore as opposed to the latest high tech bike bikes. I saw a new DRZ125 in a dealer yesterday. Pretty neat competition for the TTR125!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I wish we could have caught the xr50 / yz250 crash on tape. Given Napper's terminal velocity and mass, he may have very well taken out the 250 big dog.

My wife rides Zach's little xr50, and giggles the whole time. We all remember our first ride... :debil:

As far as the CB break, I slept horizontally in a bed for the first time last night. It's a big PITA more than anything. This is a relatively minor injury, but there are so many things you take for granted that you can't do with one arm tied back 24x7. Once I can drive and get on a keyboard full time again, I'll at least be working. It's my wife I feel for. With me so dependent on her for some things, the responsibilities I used to do, and 3 kids to chase around, her workload went way up.

With a fair amount of thinkin' time on my hands, I'm planning some bike and gear protection changes so an injury like this won't (hopefully) sideline me again.

1) Scott's steering damper.
2) Michelin S-12s (also looking at StarCross MS2s)
3) Neck pad (from www.promotorcyclesafety.com)
4) Elbow/forearm pads
5) Knee brace (use this skiing also to prevent ACL injuries; I've met too many people who have to wear one of these after the fact.)

I may end up looking like a football player, but the alternative sucks.

Safe riding!!!

P.S. Check out the large version of the pics. Most are 800x600 (although I had to reduce quality a lot to get in under the 75K limit).

- Bill

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
My pictures went to the developer this afternoon (I had a couple of pictures remaining on the roll). Bill, thanks for the pictures (and the captions - what a comedian). Once you are healthy (and you get the greeen light from your wife), I hope to see you back on the trail.
I would like to thank Zach, Hannah and NAPPER for the entertainment on Saturday night. I am still smiling. :) :)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I have a couple more pic's left, but my daughter has a game tonight and that should do it. as for protective gear, I'd add a good chest proctector & a pair of knee pads. also I'd make sure the bike it self is ready. hope you heal quickly. just take your wife on a cruise this winter, that should make up a little for all her extra work.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Good pics Mike,
Thanks.
FT

Top Bottom