fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If you attended the tree planting on Arbor Day, Tom Dunn mentioned that there would be other opportunities to plant trees this Spring. I did not have a confirmed date at that time and did not make an announcement. I realize other plans may have been made, but I hope you can join us.
We are planning a May tree planting in the Cadillac area (west of town on 115). The DNR has a location picked out and plans to get the furrows made in the next couple of weeks. The plan is to meet at 9:00 and plant trees in the morning. In the afternoon, we will go riding - similar to last year. We will probably avoid the Boon trail as people get lost there like the Bermuda Triangle. :nener:
We are trying to find a good place to meet and convoy/carpool to the planting site.
Let me know if you have any questions on this opportunity to partner with the DNR and make a difference for future generations.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
fatherandson said:
In the afternoon, we will go riding - similar to last year. We will probably avoid the Boon trail as people get lost there like the Bermuda Triangle. :nener:
QUOTE]
Sounds like a good Woodsy story in the making.

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
I'm in!
Hopefuly my loan will be approved by then so I can buy some gas! (just kidding)
You DO have sunshine scheduled for that weekend; right? :laugh:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We are going to meet at the roadside park - 4 miles west of Mesick at 9:00 on 5/17. We can convoy from there, but we will need to carpool to the planting area as most vehicles will get scratched along the narrow two track.
I realize this is short notice and that a motorcycle club has rescheduled a meeting for the same day, but I hope you can make it. Efforts like this one go A LONG way in creating goodwill with the DNR and make the fun enduro sections possible for the Family Enduro Series.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
I was going to be at the clubgrounds that weekend so if I can find a ride from there then I can make it, I may be driving up to the RV in a seperate vehicle so it may all work out.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Just a friendly reminder.....and a bump to the top of the list of MTR posts.
I am hoping that a D14 blast email is sent out later today to remind/notify people of this second opportunity to plant trees. We are also planning to go for trail ride in the afternoon.
I hope you can make it. If you have any questions, send me an email or call (517-655-5505),

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Mike, I was planning on this but need to meet my daughter in G.R. Saturday to get her a car, bring back the old one, etc.
If you are planning on riding Boon North to Grand Traverse give me a call if you need help with directions. Tree planting is pretty close to this trail, and the new stuff is sweet.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Fred T said:
Mike
I was going to be at the clubgrounds that weekend so if I can find a ride from there then I can make it, I may be driving up to the RV in a seperate vehicle so it may all work out.
Freddy your welcome to join the Dunn clan. Will arrive very late Friday night at Club ground

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The more the merrier....the ORV tech for this area will be in attendance and she is recruiting people from her office to help out.
I will have limited access to the internet for the remainder of the weekend. If anybody has a question or needs directions, please call my cell - 517-256-3148.
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We had 20 of us show up on Saturday - we had young workers and some more experienced. We worked for 5 hours and planted over 8,000 trees. We had good weather and a lot of hard workers. As we loaded up the trucks, it started to rain - perfect timing.
We have been planting tree for four years now and out total number of trees total over 30,000. We will have two plantings again next year in April and May.
THANK YOU to all of the volunteers!! A special thank you to Katie (the DNR ORV tech for the west side of the state) for organizing this event and her new mother-in-law for helping out.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Thanks to All that help with this environmental and ORV damage restoration project.

We were on 3 Lansing Radio stations and should have an article in Cadillac's paper.
We have been noticed!

Top Bottom