yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Well today I bit the bullet. gOT SHOCKED

I just hate one of those days when you wake up and there's nothing to do. So you go to the garage, look at your orange baby and one thing lead to another. Thirty minutes later I'm on the road to my newfound friend parts/installer/suspension guy. In tow in the back bed are my forks and my shock. There's new blood in town and he goes by the name of Rick. Rick's a swell guy who just so happens to ride fast, fer a Hondaka rider that is. Rick (x41) rides in the real men class, the OVER 30 Expert class in TCCRA and with Brian Storrie on occasions and many others. Some of you locals will know who I'm talking about - don't want to upset the spammer-nuke here.

Rick has opened a new shop and I just figured that it was time to do something about my suspension, being that EXC 250's apparently come sprung for buck-fifty guys. At a modest 197-200 unclothed pounder, depending one what was for breakfast, my suspension was broken-in in about-oh, fifteen minutes when I bought her one year ago in April. No today we were going to conquer the unsprung hero. Today, we're getting the works. The WORKS I tell you!! The works.

For today goes down in history when money was paid for suspension work, which I alwasy thought should have only been reserved for new Glock semi-automatic handguns. We're getting Race Tech Gold Valves, Race tech new springs (for a REAL man), bushings, Race Tech oils and seals for the fronts and PDS-3 spring, bushings and seals, nitro valve, and oil for the rear. Today I am no longer an unpsrung-hero. Today I rise up to the top. Up where I belong. Love lift us up where we belong, where the eagles cry, On a mountain high..... I spend hours there talking and finally make it home and walk in the door with what perhaps is one of the biggest , longest, largest smiles ever to spread among my cheecks, then wife asks How much is this gonna cost?...

Last edited:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by yarbonwick
How much is this gonna cost?...

Don't let her scare you man, LIE!!! :p

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Anybody know where I can get the WP-PDS sticker for the shock. When you heat it up, it comes off.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Yarbo, New Suspender Test Ride:
Find the deepest set of whoops and nail em tapped out! Then submit test results here! ;) :cool:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Hopefully the suspenders will be finished tomorrow. Had to wait for the PD3 spring to come in. I'll be installing everything back on when I get them. Right now my pumpkin looks like a stripped out Corvettte on a Brooklyn side street. Gas tank, shrouds, Rear subframe carb, reed, wheels, shock, forks... all off. I'm hoping to go riding at a place called Shiloh Ridge in Alto, TX on Sunday. There was a TCCRA race there two weeks ago so the markers should still be there. I'll report my test ride afterwards. I would like to get another WP-PDS sticker though. Don't know where to get one.

Last edited:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
TEST RIDE

Today was the first riding with the new suspension and different gear ratios. I want to say thanks to Dave at erider for taking care of me.

I have but one word to descibe the new suspension: Holly Mary Mother of God! Okay that was five words. It is like night and day. I cannot believe the difference this has made to me. I took the pumpkin out to one of the local riding area and started out slow - hit root here, bunnyhop of this, etc. I thought hmmm, so I picked up the speed. BTW the new ratio is wonderful, it's 1st-2nd-3rd (say that fast) in no time. I would probably recommend not going to the 54 rear as I did though. I left the clickers at the recommended settings by my guy, who got his by you know who. I took a few miles in with some TCCRA boys to get the feel of riding hard and what a difference! I'm hitting bumps and G-Outs that would normally leave me stupidfied and come off the throttle. Only this time it Rock-n-Roll baby!! I'll work them in some more before I go to rechecking the sag and missing with clickers but for now the clickers are perfect. L8R

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Alto

Yarbo, when you get back from Alto, everthing on your orange bike will be red. The red dirt there is bad and hard to get off.
As far as ribbons still being up I doubt it. I was up there week after race and hard to follow then, and since then they have had an ATV race. This place is really better on an ATV than bikes, but you still will have some fun.
There are some really good hill climbs and a fair natural terrain m/x track.
Be careful in waterholes, they could be really deep from 4 wheel drives. Have fun.

Buell

Dec 1, 1999
Man that's tough choice. You can never have to many Glocks;)
Having saved me and my partners life with one, I'm REAL fond of them! :eek:

Top Bottom