mark76

May 5, 2002
I am thinking of changing my 02 gas gas 200 for a new 250 four stroke but am not sure if it will suit my riding or feel as good to ride as my gas gas. I hear a lot of guys raving how well they hook up in the snotty conditions but what are they like in the turns and over rough wooped out going. I know they all produce similar power, but which one will feel as sure footed as my gas gas. I enjoy racing enduros and hare scrambles especially in tight woodlands. The husky looks the most tempting but you can't fault the yam also.
any advice appreciated.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I would go Husky or look at the new VOR 250(intro in December). The japanese are good bikes but I feel the Euro bike are better(and cost more!).

Keep in mind they do not have the power of your 200.

robbaker450

Jun 29, 2003
You have 2 choices in my opinion.The yamaha only suffers from an image problem.It looks ordinary boring average not cool etc..Get the yamaha and set up the suspension for your weight and riding terrain.Change the oil every 3 rides;check valve clearances;grease the rear suspension and steering head bearings etc etc then when all these new fancy unproven bikes have major mechanical problems and longevity hassles you can keep on riding and laugh just like i do.Take a risk with another brand if your brave but a bike is not a cheap investment for your hard earned work money.My yz250f only got replaced by a yz450f because im to heavy for a 250f.Make a wise decison and have FUN on your new toy

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I agree with Rob. The Yamaha has the advantage of all sorts of aftermarket parts too!

I am hoping for the honda 250F soon

Chris

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
My brother has a Gas Gas 300 I had a 250 and a friend has a 200 my 03 WR250 (free mods done & Yosh pipe) will definitely out run the 200 by 3 or 4 bike lengths stay with the 250 and see the 300's tail light every time The power is just plain awesome so smooth and yes it just hooks up and goes. I still like the handling and feel of my gas gas better also the lower seat height. Going from corner to corner or from tree to tree is were the WR shines it pulls from the bottom to the rev limiter no shifting The WR is fairly plush to and like Rob said with the Yamaha you just blend in at the pits. Now if Gas Gas would copy Yamaha’s motor and put it in their chassis I would probably buy one

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
I agree with the Yamaha 250F sentiment - it is truly a step ahead power-wise of all the other 250 4 strokes at the moment. The YZ and WR 250Fs are fabulous bikes when properly set up for the rider.

Hey RobBaker, are you the YZ450 guy who let the guy on the KTM200EXC have a quick blat on your bike at the bike park the other day? If so, I'm the guy on the KTM. Thanks again for the ride!

Top Bottom