Racerdude

May 24, 2000
hey i just bought a new set of white tech 6's, call me crazy...i know they will stain and i should have gotten black...but hey, i wanted to look cool..okay? well anyway, i was wondering what tips and tricks you guys and gals had on keeping them nice and gleaming white, besides washing them after every ride. is there anything i can coat them with to make staining less of an issue? WD-40 maybe? for a little background info...im a dirt tracker, so im not going to expose the boots to much mud or much red clay (because the red clay i race on is blue by the time i hit the track) thanks for the help...and i dont have to worry about the left boot much because of my steel shoe (hot shoes by george...best shoe made) THANKS

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I had excellent results with plain old tide laundry detergent on my white tech 6's.

If that does not cut it, get a bottle of the sneaker white and paint over the spots!

MXblur

Jan 22, 2004
Hey i was wondering the same question today i just bought some fox forma comps... that are also white. thatnks for the info guys/girls

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I use kerosene and hand gernades on mine

mxjosh

Jul 16, 2003
OOPS multi-purpose remover works great on removing black rubbing marks and Catrol Super Clean works good too. But make sure you try it on a test spot first.

Racerdude

May 24, 2000
thanks, i just got the left boot back from kelly george at hot shoes by george, and there were black marks on it from making and fitting the shoe to the boot, and i used soft scrub and it worked really good. i will probably wash them with simple green like i wash all my other boots, then spot clean with soft scrub, and i think im going to invest in alp's white boot paste. thanks for the info guys. by the way, if any of you guys are dirt trackers....you need to buy a hot shoe from george, mine is perfect, 2 day turn around on it too!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Watch out for Simple Green, that stuff will screw things up. It's incredibly potent.

yam 3

May 19, 2000
back in the 80's I read that shaving cream works well??? sounded wierd to me. Never tried it though always buy black boots.

Racerdude

May 24, 2000
simple green isnt that bad, as long as you wash it off pretty quick. on parts i had that REALLY needed to be degreased, i would let the simple green dry on the part then pressure wash it off..but on the boots its always been a spray then wash deal, and i never had a problem. but i also dilute my simple green down 50:50 with water. thanks

Top Bottom