JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I was one of the lucky ones last year. I was hanging around when the HS crew started givig food away. Man, that's some good eatin'. :aj:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'll be bringing the "Culinary Surprises" that Eddie speaks of from Cali. It's gonna be good.

You can count me in for any and all feast unless it includes a Boca Burger.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
"Hey...I think maybe the feta is bad, this tastes like shiitake!"

:)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Sounds good to me .... now all we have to do is get the nights coordinated. :yeehaw:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
My nights are covered. I'm bringing an 8 X 10 glossy of Brooke Shields.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
By the 4th day, you will be glad its a glossy......:)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
My nights are covered. I'm bringing an 8 X 10 glossy of Brooke Shields

And I am setting up camp a safe distance away! :eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And if allowed to partake of the festivities, I'll make sure to get inline BEFORE JP.

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
Looks like I missed all the good food last year. You won't be so lucky this year :debil: But, I don't want nuthin for free. I'll help with any preperation you need. Did I mention I worked my way through college by being a chef? Want 100 lbs of onions chopped in 15 minutes, no problem. Just let me know what I need to bring and consider it brought. Can also bring pots/pans, knives, etc. Just give me the word.
On a side note for you Texas folks... Does Shiner come in cans? I've only had bottles but my first choice (Newcastle) is glass only. Shiner is the only thing that comes close... :aj:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'm working on a keg of Newcastle, but you'll have to bring your own picture. :thumb:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
OK. So what Cali DRN'er is bringing the fish tacos? Ewwwwwwwwwww.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'll be bringing beef and beef only. I like fish and I like tacos but I HATE FISH TACOS! Nasty stuff in my opinion. I would rank them next to Boca Burgers.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Fish tacos are distgusting!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
SirReel
Yes, Shiner Bock comes in cans .... and yes, I will have some.
Tony

I forgot to add
Ribs -- The ones from Six Flags are precooked, so all you have to do is put them on the grill to heat them up and impart that wonderful smoke flavor provided by mesquite and the Gates BBQ sauce ... or I bring the raw variety.
Any comments. Has anyone tried the ones at their local Six Flags? Now that I think of it, I imagine most places prepare the precooked variety in order to have consistency.
Also .. They come in 30 pound boxes. A box will serve 25 to 30 people would be my guess ...

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
They do suck and I agree. They sounded nasty, but last time I was in Cali, a buddy took me to Huntington Beach and we ate em. Ewwwww. They were gross, but I can say I have tried them I guess.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Fish tacos prepared the correct way are great. You have to visit an authentic Mexican Seafood Restaraunt to truthfully comment on tacos del pescado. Hot sauce served oven hot and some breaded fried pickled jalapenos stuffed with shrimp is to die for. :)

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
<breaded fried pickled jalapenos stuffed with shrimp>

Sounds pretty tasty. Can't say the same for tacos del pescado.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Milk
last time I was in Cali, a buddy took me to Huntington Beach and we ate em.
That would Be Wahoo's. They are famous for their fish tacos and always have a line out the door.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
I HATE FISH TACOS! Nasty stuff in my opinion. I would rank them next to Boca Burgers.
You guys are killing me! DON’T like fish tacos?!! Then you obviously haven’t had the right fish tacos. You’re all gonna slam my boca burger, shiitake mushrooms and now fish tacos but you don’t give this guy any flack? Pffft!! :silly:

Originally posted by wheelie4strokeB
The Kentuciana Chapter of DRN is having a Corn Beef Hash cookout

I guess I’ll be having my own cookout, table for one. :confused:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by TwinSpar
Fish tacos prepared the correct way are great. You have to visit an authentic Mexican Seafood Restaraunt to truthfully comment on tacos del pescado

SugarTwin is so right about this one.....There is nothing better than good, authentic Mexican Seafood. I consider Fish Tacos to be one of the world's greatest delicacies....If you have not tried them yet, you just gotta!!

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
GSR - Corn Beef Hash is Yummy. Now if somebody will make SOS. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom