why no shorty silencer for kdx?

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
This is probably because the KDX is not intended for closed course competition and since shorty silencers are so loud, not too many people would buy them to ride in the woods. Mainly because of the noise and the fact that they are not spark arrested. This is just my opinion. I'm sure you could fasion one using a band saw and a straight though aftermarket silencer. Just remove the end cap and cut the body and core down to size, drill new holes, repack and reassemble. We did this on my cousins old rm when shortys first came out. All it did was make the bike louder though.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The kdx is a trail bike. Up here, it is illegal to run without a S/A in the woods.

Riders that run loud..insanely loud...illegally loud bikes AND without spark arresters in the woods are a BIG reason the riding areas are getting smaller and smaller. They are doing none of us any favors.

But then, they are likely the same riders that leave their beer bottles and snack trash lying all over the place.

Generally nice sorts that I'd just as soon see wrapped around a tree.

I'd wave at 'em as I rode by, though.......;) When I got back to my rig I'd even maybe call someone about it.

....of course not! Wouldn't matter how much of a prick he was, wouldn't matter that he just offered to SELL another biker a plug for a stranded bike for $25!!!...I'd stop to try to help him anyway!

But then, I'm legal soundwise (under 95db, whatever it is) AND run an SA, AND spend time each ride picking UP the trash he left behind.

Funny how that works...........

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom