ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Man, it's good to hear your still giving it a go!

What's a spin class??

ION, I'm up to 13 reps of 160 lbs bench press, doing 100 - 120 pushups / day, and 100 situps/day. a bunch of one-legged squats with two 13-lb dumbells. I really need to work more on cardio, and I'm starting to work on handstands for balance. My bike was upside down a few times last year so I want to be prepared!!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
A spin class is usually a one hour group class on stationary pedal bikes. An instructor is at the front of the class giving different types of instructions....up out of the saddle; harder resistance; higher cadence; etc....and there's usually some pretty good music playing to spin too. My instructor busted out some vintage Ace Freeley stuff....along with some REALLY old Def Leppard...live Bob Seger....Metallica...etc. It's a great cardio workout that makes you sweat buckets. Most gyms offer some type of class, with varrying schedules. There's normally a great mix of roadies, mtn bikers, triathletes etc. Try one!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I finally decided it was time to quit making excuses (my big excuse was a ruptured disc in 08). I have dropped from 210 as of 12/20. Today I was at 196. I am easing back into a work out routine, still a bit leary of injuring my back...but I am at least making progress. Most of the weight drop was simply from eating better. Hopefully I can keep this up (or down as the case may be)!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
KTM Mike said:
I finally decided it was time to quit making excuses (my big excuse was a ruptured disc in 08). I have dropped from 210 as of 12/20. Today I was at 196. I am easing back into a work out routine, still a bit leary of injuring my back...but I am at least making progress. Most of the weight drop was simply from eating better. Hopefully I can keep this up (or down as the case may be)!

Nice! :cool:

That weight loss can only HELP your back :nod:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I really think the key to losing weight is total calorie intake. In other words you can eat twinkys and still lose weight as long as you consume less calories than you burn. You will probably feal like shat, get sick allot and so on.

80% what you eat
10% exercise
10% genetics

I am not saying that exercise is not highly recommended and much healthier for you but, for strictly losing weight eating is the master key.

You are what you eat, just look at DW (that is a complement)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
09oneL said:
You are what you eat, just look at DW (that is a complement)

Maybe thats why my legs look like chckkn legs? Man I am sore this week, I wrecked my upper body at the gym, reverse pyramids baby. :cool:

A age 55 the fat comes off really sloooooooooooooooooow and you're hungry all the time. Lost 3.5 since X mas. :think:

sumter countdown. 10 days.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred Lost 3.5 since X mas. :think: sumter countdown. 10 days.[/QUOTE said:
That's the right direction Fred! :cool: Good luck in Sumter.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Forget playing the scale games - Always measure inches, as that is 100% pure truth.

Thanks for the complement FredB.

Top Bottom