berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
I'm at a loss here. So I took my bike out about a month ago and it ran fine. After I was done, I sprayed it down at the car wash and got some water down the exhaust (noob NoNo, I know). But last weekend I pulled the plug, cranked a few times, replaced the plug with a brand new one and it kicked over just fine. So I'm thinking all is well. I go out to start it today after repacking the silencer and the damn thing won't start :bang: So, I pull the plug again thinking there may still be some water in there because I didn't run it long last weekend. Replace the plug, again, and still nothing. Have I f'd something up here? I checked electricals and everything's connected, I'm not sure what to do... Any help???

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
Spark.jpg

this plug was only in for a 10 minute ride, why is this happening?

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
it was wet. I finally got it to crank over, but why would the plug look like this after a 10 minute session? Am I doing something wrong here?

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
I added some stabil to the fuel mix, it's pretty cold in my garage and I'm thinking there may be a little moisture in the fuel lines/carb so I ran it for about 15 minutes with that. Anything else I should do?

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
thanks for that, I wasn't sure where to start. The previous owner was running 32:1 and had the jetting tuned perfectly, then I ran a tank of 40:1, that's probably my mistake. Looks like I'm going back to 32:1

Top Bottom