Your pics for sale on Photopoint.com

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I just got an email from these guys regarding the pics I had posted at photopoint.com. Seems they want $25 to burn a CD w/ all my images on it, and then $10 for shipping and handling charges. I happen to agree on a per CD charge, but $35 is a little heavy to me. I could really use some of those photos that I didnt have backed up. :think:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
After you uploaded them did you delete them off your hard drive? I know at one time GoSpeedRacer had her pics on photopoint and then they wanted money also, I think she found another free site - check her sig line. Is there not a way to download your own photo's back off of their web site? Stuff like this really irks me, I am going to be busy for a couple of days but I want to check into this some more when I have a few minutes, PM me with details.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Yes, I did have the majority of my stuff backed up, so its not a total loss. The thing that really sucks is that you have to pay because they filed chapter 11. All I want are my files, and if they opened the site for one day, I would be able to retrieve them.
I have been using Photofun.com for the past few months, and its seems to be very cool. :) I have over 10 mbs stored there, and I just bought the yearly membership for $10. that gives you a few pages, and some other stuff. They are pretty good so far.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
The biggest gripe I have is that they did not warn me of the imminent collapse, and they just collected my yearly membership fee!!!!!! Damn internet companies. :debil:

Top Bottom