Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
What does everyone have going on?  Post pics if you do all you're own work!  I'll post mine in a little bit.

My RM is getting a total rebuild:

The forks and shock has been resprung and revalved. 

ALL chassis bearings replaced

New tires & powdercoated rims, hubs, and triple clamps

Mo Better porting and new top end

New pipe (I smashed the old one)

The doosh before me broke the adjusting nut area totally out of the swing arm.  I had it TIG'd and an insert put in.  FIXED!

New spokes.  Some were missing or broke and all were siezed.

Off to the store to order some new brake pads, pipe o rings, and muffler packing and fenders/side covers.

I don't mind doing all the work I have fun doing it but I sure learned to look over a bike better than I have in the past.  :)  And to stick with newer machines.

My girlfreind's CR85R is getting:

EG big bore kit

HI bend bars

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I hope to send my forks to MX-Tech to have Jeremy redo them for weight and riding style. Other than that, the bike is good the way it is. I also want to get my garage cleaned out, as I was supposed to do it 2 months ago. I also need to pick up all the dog poop in the backyard. My dog has to tip-toe around the piles just to find a clean spot to pinch a fresh one. :)

Oops, I guess you're just interested about bike project and not big steaming piles of Beagle poop. :)

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Just the usual, new swingarm and linkage bearings, Weisco piston kit, a thorough cleaning and grease for the other bearings. I did get some tall seat foam and not sure if my graphics will line up properly. I'll have to wait on the new tires so I'll just turn my rear tire around for now. Hopefully in the near future, some new graphics/seat cover, tires front and rear and maybe some taller bars. :yeehaw:

Aug 6, 2000
I stripping my bike down to the frame and reapinting it, new sprockets and chains, I still have to find a new decent shpe tranny because I blew first gear and the shifting forks are going, new plastics, fork seals, new rear shock since mine is totaled and thats about it.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Im glad you brought up this topic as i have been busy-heres the pics

Attachments

• p1010002 (custom).jpg
    p1010002 (custom).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 400

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Here's my winter project:

Wifey and I are awaiting the delivery of bambino #3 on 2/19. That ought to keep me busy for a while.

But wait there's more!

I'm looking to buy a few acres and begin to commence to have a house built this year.

Unfortunately, both the Harleys will probably have to go to help finance the land deal. But the dirtbike STAYS!

kx250r

Jan 23, 2003
i am getting my bike back together finaly pretty soon forward motion is working on my top end was supposed to be plated to 265cc's but its ported now and as long as i get it back soon and it works with out the sleeve spinning ill be happy thats all then im gonna sell it then get a yz400f or a yz426f

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
that was the before , this one is the after-edit , wow 2 posts while i was uploading, makes my original post look a bit out of place;)

Attachments

• p1010013 (custom).jpg
    p1010013 (custom).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 392

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Marcus,

You got a Kaw?  No more KTM?

My winter projects:

• Finish drywall repair in the kitchen
  • paint and prime the kitchen
  • put new poreclin tile in the kitchen
  • put up ceramic tile back splash
  • paint the living room
  • Set up nursery for yet to be born Child #2
  • paint my daughter's room too
  • put hardwood floor down in the foyer and dinning room
  • remodel all three bathrooms
  • refinish a bar for the downstairs game room
  • Finally get my garage and workshop under control
  • Recieve newborn kid on 5/14/03

I hope to sneak down to the garage this weekend and finish prep on my bike for the national Enduro that I'm racing a week from Sunday.  I'm going to hit one other national enduro and the two day LL trail ride before I park the bike for the baby's arrival.

I have a lot to do.  Plus I have to go to work like the rest of us.  :think:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Timr you are a long way behind-i had the Crs in 2001 and 2002(got rid of the KTM at the start of 2001)KX is the beast to have nowdays:)

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
My RM winter project, bought a 2002 RM250 from F&S and have or will replace the following:

New Weisco lite top end installed.

New Mx-tech fork and shock springs for my weight, have but not yet installed.

New grips installed.

New front number plate installed.

New black number backing installed

New graphics on the way.

Front wheel needs some straigtening.

Everything else seems in good shape, tires, sprockets, chain barings, ect.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Bruce, nice graphics,I'm also eyeing those triple clamps! Are those the Applied anodized ones or did you have them anodized yourself. Very nice! I'll get my bike uploaded pretty soon, I'm just working on completing the bruiser as my friends have termed it. I think it's because the whole bike is black and blue, I just got new black rims, black fender , and black pro tapers, everything else is blue except the engine and spokes!

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I’ve been avoiding this issue for a while as I really didn’t want to know the cost involved. Hell….who cares what it cost, it was damn fun! :)

Frame stripped and powder coated
Powder coated lower T-clamp
Anodized upper T-Clamp, bar clamps, radiator braces, frame guards and chain slider
New linkage bearings
Installed zerk fittings in linkage
New lower steering stem bearing
New steel clutch plates/springs
Revalved and serviced forks
New seals and Seal Savers
New brake pads
New Honda routed front brake line
Excel rims
New Bridgestone M59/70 tires/tubes
New chain and sprockets
New chain rub block and slider
New Tag bars
New bark busters
New grips
New GPR steering stabilizer
New plastic
New seat cover
New backgrounds/numbers
New graphics(still waiting on the swingarm graphics) :think:

All this and I’m still slow. :| LOL

BTW: I should have been doing most of those things Timr was doing. ;)

Attachments

• kx.jpg
    kx.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
BSR Now that's a sexy machine. Very cool.

Marcus. So that's what a limey's garage looks like! Some dark ages stuff right there! :) :) :aj: And congrats on the new purchase. Those kawi's are looking good.

BC, those triple clamps are looking tight! And I dig that swingarm sticker. Hopefully EG sends me a few, though mine'll go on my truck. More advertisment for EG there. :)

More pics folks!

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
bscottr, what did you do to fit zerts to your linkage? Did you drill the pins, or did you drill a passage in the linkage arms themselves.

I think this would be a smokin idea for my CR.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by gwcrim
.... Unfortunately, both the Harleys will probably have to go to help finance the land deal .....
I was going to say what the HE!!, then I saw they were sportsters. :)
Don't know if I could ever give up mine.

Bruce, those graphics are awesome, where ??? did you find em?
So, here's my winter project, $1,500 in chrome. :|
In wait:

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Dang bscottr, that bike is Sweet! Personally I think it looks good without the swingarm graphics. Let us know what you think of the GPR dampener. I'm thinking about getting one. Did you have to get a new spoke kit to get those rims to work or use the original spokes? My KTM is in need of a wheel build.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
enjoy graphics, they sell them on ebay.

i think your winter project should be shoe horning a big nobby tire onto the back of that thing and trying to loose around 300lbs of weight. might make a decent hill climber!

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by gwcrim
Nice looking KX ya got there. But ya gotta ditch them dern Chebby decals!
Thanks…. Hey you’re right, I need GMC graphics. Know where I can get ‘em? :confused:

Originally posted by Neil Wig
bscottr, what did you do to fit zerts to your linkage? Did you drill the pins, or did you drill a passage in the linkage arms themselves.

I think this would be a smokin idea for my CR.
Neil,
I drilled through the linkage arms/swingarm, tapped it and installed the zerks. I highly recommend doing it. There are some pics in this thread. Give me a shout if you need some additional info.

Dave,
Sweet ride yourself. :thumb: Just add $$$ right? :)

Bill hibbs,
Thanks…between you and Dave I’m reconsidering the swingarm graphics. The GPR is awesome and has a great price here. To everyone who ever recommended a steering stabilizer, many kudos. :thumb: It’s in the top 3 of the best modifications IMO. I reused the stock spokes and nipples with no problems.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Be - FO

Attachments

• minitrail left1.jpg
    minitrail left1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 265

Top Bottom