srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Can you put us down for 4 people? My mother-in-law will be joining us. She hasn't ridden in many years, but I am going to bring an XR80 and hope she at least rides a little around our pit area.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
kendall and i will be there saturday only. we have to race ponca sunday and will leave saturday nite and stay in ponca. she wasn't interested in coming back monday. i don't think my wife is going to come this year.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
srellis- the farm is perfect for beginners. Lots of open areas Wide pasture roads.

Looks like Saturday will be the big day of riding anyways Jay. She can practice on the "profesional quality" mx track. ;)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Yes, I know it's late but I plan on Staying till Monday night.... ;)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
justql,
Sawtooth and myself will be there. Our ETA is Saturday morning around 10 AM. This time I will pay more attention going through Tulsa and not head down I 44 to OKC. That should cut out an hour of drive time!

What do we need to bring to pitch in for the meals?

MX547, if you want to take a spin on my bike bring you riding equipment.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MX547, do I need to bring the HS pit transports?&nbsp; No problem to do so.&nbsp; I'll have one for sure but can bring both.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Dwreck, craig_enid and myself trimmed some trails today and put a bridge in. The trails lack just a little more to be trimmed perfect. Three little sections to do still. I am also going to try to add two new ones. MX track looked good after the rain. One low spot to fix. Arrows and grass track are about all that I lack after that. I'm planning on going back tomorrow and work on finishing the trails and getting the grass track laid out.

Porta potties have been ordered. Randy mowed the camp ground this evening. I just love it when a plan comes together. ;)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql

Porta potties have been ordered.

oh yeah, we're living the good life. :cool:

sawblade, i'll take a few laps on your bike if i can get my leg in my boot---ten months later and i still have swelling.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
sawblade, i'll take a few laps on your bike if i can get my leg in my boot---ten months later and i still have swelling.

Sounds good! Maybe we can loosen the buckles on your boot, or how about work boots?

Justql,
What is the grass track like? My son is very interested in riding it as he had a ball last year riding in the front pasture.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'll get there around 5'ish. The gate will prorbably be unlocked before then so come as early as you like.

The grass track(yet to be mowed in) will be on a quarter section that joins the existing place. It is mostly open pasture with a more elevation change than the original place. Should be 15' wide everywhere and twice as wide in the corners. (the mowers 15 foot wide). I will probably mow it in Wednesday evening. Maybe 1 1/2 miles long........... :think: I'll know more once I get on a bike and ride it and figure it out. I also have gotta get a gate put in. :eek:

Randy and I finished the trails today. Added a short new section right after Anna's Bridge (also new). We also reopened an old section that we had let go. We added to it so it's a really tight technical fun little section.

All we lack for the trails to be perfect are the arrows. We'll do that Friday evening. MX track needs to be drug and have the tires put out and it'll be good.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
be sure to put in optional lines at the bridges so you woods riders still have to go through the mud.

bridges are reserved for kids and mxers.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Spoken like a true mx rider, huh Jay? The only thing you think of when you see a tree, is that it is a good place in the shade to watch the moto's until yours comes up. Kathi and myself will be coming up Saturday AM, and might have a friend (Rick) in tow. We'll see you guys then.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Make sure to lay out some nice wide sweeper turns on that grass track. I wanna do some flat trackin full lock power slides on the ol' 426! :aj:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
Make sure to lay out some nice wide sweeper turns on that grass track. I wanna do some flat trackin full lock power slides on the ol' 426! :aj:
So what's the ambulance situation? ;)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
bridges are reserved for kids and mxers.

Back in the good ole days when we had just started riding again at the farm the creek crossings were terrible. We would take turns going through. We'd line up and watch each other attempt getting through. The majority of times we would not make it. We then would go and pull the stuck bike out. We then would proceed to the next crossing and do it all over. Oh the good Ole Days. :whiner:

We then got smart and started throwing rocks in the creeks and building bridges.

By the way there will be a Paramedic there all weekend.......we spare no expense..... ;)

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Butch, Mary says if you need someone to ride the TTR, she'll figure something out.....
(Katy not coming?)

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
One..Someone let me know if they want my TTR, I have plenty of room and don't mind bringing it. Two.... all this paramedic nonsense. I don't crash unless there are one or more of the following circumstances... There is a mud puddle... there are trees... I'm riding alone with Lorin... or.... I'm high centered and can't touch the ground even with my tippy toes. As to medical services... Lorin follows me around with his handy first aid kit and fixes me right up.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
hehehe
Hey! I executed some very spodely acrobatics to get that bridge Señor MX. You'd be more appreciative of it if you had been the one to dislodge me from my bike and then my bike from the Tree of Despair. :-)

Maico--> if you dont mind, mom expressed her wish to ride on Rudy (the TTRL) and get some quality mother/daughter riding in so if you bring along the TTR I would definately use it. and now that the creek is covered my chances for bike killing crashes is way down! :-)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
OK. Everyone has asked what to bring.

Bring your own drinks and what ever you need for lunch.(OR SOMEONE CAN PICK UP SANDWICH STUFF)

Breakfast Saturday- Donut Juice etc

Lunch- sandwiches( I'll have extra stuff for those traveling a long way with no way to keep anything that long)

Supper, ribs,brisket Plus whatever butch brings..... ;) Potato salad, beans, taboli, salads etc

Sunday Breakfast- Sausage gravy, toast, eggs and sausage.

Sunday Lunch on your own

Sunday Supper- Pizza from Pawnee or Hamburgers, hotdogs?

Monday ??

There will be several deserts, cakes pies, cookies etc.

Let me know what you think. The wife and mother are kinda getting mad that I have not set a definite menu...........so there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom