Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Yes last weekend I attempted my first home-made jump. Well like my dad said , "your going to hurt yourself" , I hit what turned out to be a 3 foot speed bump at around 30-35 mph. Fast forward half an hour and you will see me in the E.R. with a arm brace. All I remember is looking up side down at the ground and waking up not being able to move my arm. Well as much as I would get back up on that bike and hit the jump again it looks like there won't be anymore jumping around my house. Good thing I was wearing my helmet like always , and I am lucky that my neck was not snapped as I went flipping through the air. It just goes to show that inexperience and ignorance can put you in a world of hurt. But hey we all got to start somewhere ehh?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well congratulations on your first near death experience. Starting out on a 250 2 stroke may have something to do with that. To hit something you described would require a SX suspension set up. Were you in an attack position, or sitting? At that speed, good suspension and rider, can get good air off a 1 foot jump! And I can not emphasize the importance of video recording, multiple angles if possible! Shorter runs and less speed.

Timmay#678

Aug 29, 2007
Hmm, have you hit many jumps on mx tracks etc before? There's "having the balls to hit a jump" (ie a pro hitting a double/triple), and distinctly different "being stupid enough to hit a jump", and unforunately you fell into the latter group by hitting a home made ramp at 35mph 1st time! :laugh:! What did ya do to your arm?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
What gear were you in? That's like 3rd gear isn't it. Maybe top of 2nd. Try some smaller stuff in first gear until you get the hang of it. That is, once you are all healed up from this learning experience!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yeah.. your supposed to start slow and small. And hit it in first gear to see what yur bike will do, then you fine tune the jump.

And maybe you should listen to your dad more often, there not as stupid as they look.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
I got off lucky with minor neck strain, sprained arm, possible rotator cuff damage, and a weeks pay deducted from work. In a way i am kind of glad I fell my first time because i know if by some chance I had landed it my human instinct would scream bigger = better and more than likely I would have hurt myself much worse.

Timmay#678

Aug 29, 2007
Cman250 said:
I got off lucky with minor neck strain, sprained arm, possible rotator cuff damage, and a weeks pay deducted from work. In a way i am kind of glad I fell my first time because i know if by some chance I had landed it my human instinct would scream bigger = better and more than likely I would have hurt myself much worse.

You did get off lucky! I don't approve of your logic though, human instinct should not be listen to as much as it is! I think its way more likey if you did manage to hang on and had not got a concussion, your solided pants would have been enough to tell you to back off a bit.

Top Bottom