Crf250rr

Jan 24, 2022
Hello yall backstory here i traded my 1996 cr125 for my current 2006 crf250r. The bike had low compression and the shims where off spec so i decided to do a top and bottom end rebuild installing Wiesco piston,WIesco rings,Stage 2 cam,hot rod crank,Boysen clutch etc all the good stuff a bike wants however the one this i didnt do since im 14 and scared to do valves (change them) I kept them stock and changed the shims upon rebuild. Once installed i put oil in the bike put in carb (didnt have the throttle cabel installed) and it started 2nd kick just after rebuilt with 0 min and 0 seconds on it. it was about 23 degrees F out around 60 in my garage and than a week later I installed the throttle cabel and now it wont start. Every id say 50 kicks it will start for half a second to 2 seconds max. I got spark,Alot of compression like 10 psi over most stock bikes and it takes alot to kick. Valve shims are .006 and .008 intake and 0.10 and 0.11 exhuast which i belive are withen oem stock spec. It wouldnt take much to start it but now since i installed the throttle cable it dont wanna start. Any idea what might cause this?? Im thinking the electric throttle thingy that sends more gas into it isnt correct since my mechanic which been rebuilding bikes for 40 years! says that TO NEVER MESS WITH THE THROTTLE CABLE FROM THE BLACK BOX but i needed to mess with it to install my throttle. the throttle doesnt even spring back so im hoping its just the fact that im flooding it. Btw it will start like i said after about 50 kicks but once i turn gas off it will start for about 1 second after 10-20 kicks. Any ideas im new here so I hope this will blow up and hope anyone with the same problem can see this fourm and look at it. Thanks

Crf250rr

Jan 24, 2022
Forgot to say the plug is WET and it doesnt even try to start if i spray carb cleaner down the spark plug hole into the cylinder like all my other bikes would.

05KX_250

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2006
maybe your friend who has worked on bikes for 40 years will look at it for you. You did something wrong putting it back together.

Crf250rr

Jan 24, 2022
maybe your friend who has worked on bikes for 40 years will look at it for you. You did something wrong putting it back together.
Nah he charges 70 an hour just to look and work on stuff and he takes all his time so you know your going to pay alot. I dont have any money to even get it looked at i got 15 dollars which aint getting me no where.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

ejbrown919nc

Feb 6, 2022
if you believe its getting flooded and you say its got fresh oil in it smell the oil dipstick see if it has a faint smell of gas. This wont point to any absolute issue and solution but will at the very least provide more clues to the possible problem. if the oil smells like gas then you know for sure that you have some serious flooding

Crf250rr

Jan 24, 2022
I did it is flooding rings was just replaced its running about 160 psi compression idk if thats to much but it fills like my old 290cc 2 stroke yz that was pushing 170 when i try to kick it.

Top Bottom