rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
First race of 2014 and I dislocated my shoulder in a crash.

It took four hours to get to a hospital and the shoulder popped back into place.

I had to ride down the mountain on the back of one of the sweep rider's bikes, that wasn't much fun.

I do want to Thank the Lost Coyotes Motorcycle club and especially Rescue 3 for getting me out at all. And then thank my club members for retrieving my bike.

Now it is looking like I have a torn rotator cuff. With my hand hanging by my side I can't lift my arm outward, away from my body. Forward and back Okay, but not out.

I'm bummed....

Rod

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The shoulder is just messed up...

Injured it January 19th. On February 20th I had surgery to repair the labrum (7 anchors), stitch up the torn rotator cuff some repair on the bicep muscle.

What wasn't repairable was damage to the lateral nerve. Basically, the deltoid muscle doesn't get the message that it is supposed to be doing something. The deltoid is the muscle that wraps over the top of the shoulder to the arm, and is what you use to do jumping jacks: lifting the arm directly out to the side. In other words, I can't flap my wing. To add to the annoyance, there is a spot on my upper arm that always hurts (feels like when a friend gives you shot in the arm) and next to it is a spot that is just numb. I guess they sort of average out...

The neurologist told me that if it hasn't started to recover by now it isn't likely to, so this is my new normal.

It will be another three months before the doctor lets me ride again. And ride I will....

Rod

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Goog luck with it, that's been a tough ride.

Top Bottom