50cc to 90cc conversion Check it out!

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
:nod: Hey guys im the kid that had the troubles with the 50cc engine that was leaking oil and crap and not running. so what i did is i threw that engine in the garbage and bought a brand new 90cc manual 4 speed engine for it. im going to put it in the 50 frame and going to post some pictures and stuff about it so if ur intrested take a look :) and if you have any ideas what i can do to the engine to make it more powerful that would be great

dscn8356hb3.jpg

Last edited:

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
hey 2tforlife under your bikes it says like dt or i something i cant remeber now that im writing this but i was wonderin what kind of bikes those were or who makes them?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's cool you got yourself repowered. I'm sure you'll notice a big improvement over the 50 engine.

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
I got a question for all you guys. do you think if i put a diffrent exaust on it that wasent stock if it would add more power? and also when i bought the engine the dude put a 50cc carb on the 90cc engine :S witch doesnt make sence do you think the right carburator and exaust and maybe a diffrent CDI box would make a diffrence cause i know if i get a diffrent cdi box the engine is capable of revving higher but would it be able to handle it with out blowing up? i dunno any advice would be great :D thanks

Wes

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Most of the pit bike exhausts are a waste of money, lots of bling and more noise. Early versions had undersized pipes but most now have adopted a properly sized exhaust. The carb might be a different issue though. I wouldn't expect huge gains with a swap but somewhere under 1hp might be possible bepending on what you have now and the intake that's installed. Overall I'd just let it be and have fun.

WesleySluis

Oct 16, 2007
Bike pics

n503883857_344775

Thats a picture of the bike when i first got it completly stock

n503883857_348137

Thats a picture after the paint and the new engine but the only problem is i used the wrong paint for plastic and it didnt stick properly so im going to have to repaint it :bang:

Top Bottom