7th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Spring Ride 6/15-17 at Tower City

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't have to be a huge group. In fact when it is a large group I never get a chance to ride with everyone anyway.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will most likely be out for this ride. If all goes well, I will be marking or cutting trails at Paragon then.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Need more interest

Really too bad we're not getting more interest. It did take a bit of convincing on my part to be able to get them to allow this to happen. I would have to think that if we don't show up at this point as a group that the next time we ask them for a favor they will simply say no, too bad. Is there a reason I should know about that is keeping others from checking in or committing to go? Should this be listed on the Damm Yankees page? Perhaps it's that you guys just haven't been there yet. I can tell you that they have much more single track and even tougher stuff then our friends at Paragon. I can take A riders on a tour that will without question make you sleep very well that night or make it as easy as the group wants. There are hill climbs there that only the very brave will attempt. One has been called Mount Everest and lives up to it's name. I don't claim to know this place as well as Paragon just yet but by the time we go on the ride I'll have some pretty good routes mapped out on my GPS and think Jason might actually know it pretty well already.

Sure don't want to blow this opportunity, do we?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
And what if we don't show up as a group? Are they still going to let who ever shows up ride as guests?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Yes, of course at least for this ride but like I said before seems like we might be slamming a door closed before we even walk through it. I sort of wish we took a poll to see if anyone even wanted to go there before I made the call.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm not sure what the problem is Gordon. The enthusiasm just doesn’t seem to be there anymore. I went on a ride last weekend and beside the 2 guys that asked me to come, I was the only one there from DRN. With so few places to ride I thought there would be a lot bigger response.

Oskar

Nov 30, 2001
I and my son have been looking to go to TC for a while.
I've never rode with you guys before, but I will try and make it.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
My problem is i cant commit til right before. I have no problems checking out a new place and having fun riding. Its just that with a baby due June 22nd and a wife who went into labor 2 months early, i cant commit to when i can take a bathroom break let alone a weekend away. So if you guys need a count sooner than the week before i'm out. :(

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Won't be a problem as right now there doesn't seem to be much interest. I told John I thought we'd be around 20 or so and since no one is really committing I can only assume (and yes I hate using that word) that we will be a very small group, too bad this place is loaded with really cool trails. I will say this if you don't respond to this page and give me an idea of how many are coming and we turn up there with way more then 20 he might turn the overage away (after all it is sort of a club) so at that point those who did respond will get first come spots. Sorry but this will have to be how to handle it as I really don't know John that well and certainly want to have a good relationship in the future with him as I plan on riding there hopefully for years to come.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Gordon, Thanks for your help. Looks like we have 9 so far (including you & me).

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I would count on the usual RI contingent.

I'll bet as the time approaches you'll get more people wanting to join up for the ride.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Yes Rooster and I are definitely in. I'm going to book a site for us at Camp-a-While...only 4 adults are allowed per site and they require a deposit. I can book more than one site if someone else is willing to front the deposit for another site.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Oh it's a go alright, just trying to get a handle on how mant want to go. So we can let them know. I'll be riding there this Saturday if anyone wants to join me.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Steve?!!! How have you been? It would be great to see you jared and maybe even Patrick too.

In addition to Rooster, Sam and Myself; You can plan on two maybe three more from RI.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
This is good. I plan on riding Friday and Saturday so I hope someone will be there Friday.

Sam, I'll be camping Friday night by myself. Will there be room to squeeze into your spot? (to clarify, I mean your camping spot. I in no way mean to try and edge in on any Rooster property...and by property I don't mean he "owns" you…OK, I’ll stop now) :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
MrMXer327 said:
Howdy Folks (Yes I am still alive and kicking). If this is a go, I'm thiking of bringing Jared and maybe twisting PStout's wrist. Been way to long since I've throw a leg over the scoot. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what develops.
Glad to hear your still alive and kicking! I look forward to Jared blowing the doors off of everyone else! I can still remember him asking me why we kept stopping and I told him we had to wait for all to slow guys :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
…OK, I’ll stop now)[/i] :laugh:

Sure Dave - you can stay on our spot!

PK - Are you guys bringing a camper of some sort? I can book two site if you want - one for us and one for you guys.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
squeaky said:
Sure Dave - you can stay on our spot!

PK - Are you guys bringing a camper of some sort? I can book two site if you want - one for us and one for you guys.
Thanks! I'll split the cost with yo. What time do you plan on arriving Friday? Looks like they have a nice pool ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
We'll probably arrive around 3 or so...it looks like the same length drive as to Red Ridge.

You want to book the site or do you want me to do it?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If you are staying for 2 nights you should probably do it. I'm only staying Friday. Let me know if you need some money up front from me.

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Hey I'm a member of Tower City and it is a great place I just found this thread, because my computer has been down for a while me and my dad will give a attempt to get up there. We have been up there to around 8 or 9 years so we know almost every trail if you need some help with that if we can show. Just to assure everyone TC is a great place, and I choose it over everywhere I have ridden.
Matt 193

Never2Old

Nov 30, 2006
RM Guy, are you planning on getting up there early on Friday? If so, I'll commit to Friday also if want to ride. I'll do moderate to aggressive. Is anyone else planning on early Fri?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I plan on getting there between 9 and 9:30 Friday morning. I can get there earlier but I don't want to have to get up too early. Moderate to aggressive sounds good.

Top Bottom