7th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Spring Ride 6/15-17 at Tower City

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Cool! Rooster and I would LOVE to check that place out!!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sooo...is anyone else getting pumped to ride??!?!?!?!? :ride: :aj:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I rode yesterday and went to Southwick today, so yes I am pumped to ride :ride:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
Sooo...is anyone else getting pumped to ride??!?!?!?!? :ride: :aj:

Well - I was...until Rooster and I rode today and I hit a tree and down I went...then suddenly the TTR started making a funny noise. I blew out 2nd gear. :pissed: Probably won't be fixed in time - luckily we still have the WR and PK still has the XR. I'll still have a bike to ride, which is great, it just won't be my TTR.

Maybe it's the dirtbike gods saying it's high time I learn to ride a big people bike LOL

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
squeaky said:
Well - I was...until Rooster and I rode today and I hit a tree and down I went...
Don't you mean the tree jumped in front of you?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
squeaky said:
Well - I was...until Rooster and I rode today and I hit a tree and down I went...then suddenly the TTR started making a funny noise. I blew out 2nd gear. ...
Edit: That was bad Dave

Never2Old

Nov 30, 2006
I think we have four of us that are riding on Friday - Dave, Gordan, Jason, and myself. Can you guys each email me a cell number in case anyone has traveling trouble on Fri? Then I'll send everyone's info. out to Friday's foursome.

I'm a newbie to the group and have been following the threads for months now and am looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you.

Rob

Last edited:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Never2Old said:
am looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you.

Rob

only some of us?

And even after I gave you some background info on the group, you are still looking forward to it? :nener:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
why you deleting your message, I'm not worried about them blaming me for inviting you here, I'm worried about you blaming me for telling you it will be a nice easy ride :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
You guys are only riding Friday Rob? Rooster, PK, and I plan on arriving Friday - but not to ride as we won't be there until 3 or 4 p.m.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
squeaky said:
You guys are only riding Friday Rob? Rooster, PK, and I plan on arriving Friday - but not to ride as we won't be there until 3 or 4 p.m.
I'm pretty sure he was riding Fri and Sat, but he didnt want to be the only one there on Friday if the others dont make it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I will be at TC by 9:30. I don't have a cell phone so I'll just see everyone there. I have a 2005 red Dakota quad cab with a nice clean RM in the back. Gordon was going to let us know where to park at TC...hey Gordon, where are ya bud???

Rob, are you camping with us Friday or cheating and staying in a hotel with Gordon and Dan? :nener:

BTW, I don't blame you if you don't want to ride with Scooter :laugh: :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The weather looks fantastic for this weekend!!! :ride: :cool: :aj:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Looking forward to seeing everyone

I missed my call from John yesterday but he said he would call me today here at my shop and that there would be no problem with our ride this weekend in his message. I'll be up there around 9-9:30 Fri and riding all weekend provided my knee holds up, sort of did some damage two weeks ago. The MIRI says I severed my Acl and tore the meniscus but I've been re-habing it and think it will be fine without the surgery so we'll just have to see how it goes. Been sort of quiet about it cause I didn't want to see the ride get canceled. I'll be driving my Silver and Blue Suburban with a trailer hauling as Jason describes it my Big Pumkin thing for Old folks. As to where we will meet it is still in the air till I speak with him but I think it will be the upper parking lot. Stay tuned for more info coming soon.

Is it safe to say we are around 15 riders or so? I sort of went through the posts and that's what I came up with. Anyone with a better count?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
15 sounds right.

Sorry about your knee. I'll bring extra duct tape but you should be OK on the Big Pumpkin for Old Folks :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Rob, are you camping with us Friday or cheating and staying in a hotel with Gordon and Dan? :nener:

Who said I was even gonna be there friday night? I'm not getting there till saturday morning.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Pffft to staying in a hotel - sissies!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hotels

Hey now!!! Hotels have washing machines and dryers for that nice neat look and fresh smell the next day as well as room service and cold beers on tap. Top that with your trees and cloths lines....

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well I own more than one set of gear - so I'm clean and fresh the next day too!

And I'd rather have ICE COLD out of a cooler beer so :fft:

And ROOM SERVICE? What's wrong with a good ol' grilled hot dog?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
So what's wrong with smelly gear for the second day? How is anyone suppose to find me when I run off the trail and get lost???

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
How is anyone suppose to find me when I run off the trail and get lost???
thats easy, just look for the riders still on the trail pointing and laughing :rotfl:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Parking and where to meet

I just got off the phone with John and we're all set. I will be at the office when everyone is checking in Saturday morning but if not just tell them your part of the Dirtrider group with Gordon. As to parking after checking in if your standing on the steps of the office facing out make a right and go up that road there will be one parking lot on the left that comes up quickly then a much larger one as you continue up the hill don't make any turns. I will be able to be reached by cell if you have any problems 908-403-5270

Whoever is planning on riding with me Friday give me a call Thusday night to confirm so I know who to look for.

See you all there

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Shaking tree

If you remember the way we found my friend Steve when he didn't show up on the trail was to back track and he was down a hill shaking a tree from the bottom. It was a classic story that I'll remember for quite some time.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
What's over the rise?

You'll hear me tell you this when we ride out there (Just like other's have told me) but figure I might as well start now. Never assume there is flat ground on the other side of a rise out there. Always ride with caution when approaching what you can't see beyond. In our ride there will be points that will require turns when you reach a rise so be careful. I don't claim to know this place like Paragon just yet (but that will change) so just because you see the rider in front of you do something still use caution when approaching. I've had the wonderful benefit of riding with some awesome guys and fantastic riders out there that will tell you the same thing before every ride.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…