7th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Spring Ride 6/15-17 at Tower City

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Just an FYI for everyone - I have two sites reserved at Camp-a-While, but we have filled our allowed capacity for people. I don't know if anyone else was planning on camping or not...

See everyone in 10 days! YAY!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm looking forward to riding with everyone again. It's been too long and I have a hankerin' to get back on my bike! :ride: :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
That works Pk, just let me know if i need to stop at the office or just head to the campsite. Figure i will need to stop and get a tag for the truck unless they just give it to you. I have your cell so i'll call when i get close, that is unless its like Red Ridge and has no cell service.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Leaving

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that I am oficially leaving the sport, at least for now. Time, physical issues, and my Harley are the major deciding factors.

I know it's off topic in this forum, but figured it's the best place to say farewell for now to all of you folks, I really enjoyed my times riding with you all.

I'm selling the KDX too if you want to have a look at the for sale forum.

My email address is [email protected] for any of you who would like to stay in touch. The one thing Ill miss more than anything is all of the fun times at Paragon, and hanging with all of you.

I won't say goodbye...just "until we meet again", everyone take care, and enjoy all the rides you have left in ya!

Dave

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ah Dave, don't say it's so :( At least you've left youself an out to get back into it. Keep in touch and when you just can't stand it anymore ya all come back!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Treejumper said:
That works Pk, just let me know if i need to stop at the office or just head to the campsite. Figure i will need to stop and get a tag for the truck unless they just give it to you. I have your cell so i'll call when i get close, that is unless its like Red Ridge and has no cell service.

Chuck - I'm pretty sure everyone has to be registered at the office.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Sorry to hear you're taking a leave of absence from the dirtbiking world Dave. Hopefully our paths will cross at some point in the future. Take care of yourself.

PK

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
squeaky said:
Chuck - I'm pretty sure everyone has to be registered at the office.
Yeah, Just tell them you're with PapaKeith, Squeaky and Rooster :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Yeah Dave that'll work LOL - Both sites are registered to me actually. But Rooster, PK, and I will hopefully be there around 3-3:30.

DaveRS - So sorry to hear you're leaving the sport, for now. Keep in touch - you will certainly be missed. Take care of yourself and be careful out on that Harley.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I'll go up and ride in Daves back yard every day, till he gets the itch to get back on a dirt bike :nener:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Thanks guys, it is certainly with a heavy heart that I am leaving, hopefully over time, and with some more therapy, by back will let me be me again! In the meantime, it's just killing me to see the KDX in my garage day after day. I sold my gear which emptied my closet, but the bike still stares me in the face every day and has only made me sad. Maybe I can go out and get one of those nice cushy cannondales as my next offroad bike ;). I'm really going to miss all of you and I am just heartbroken over PAP. Maybe I'll take a spin out to Tower city on the Harley to visit y'all!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
DaveRS575 said:
Maybe I'll take a spin out to Tower city on the Harley to visit y'all!

Feel free to anytime but stop by the camp site instead. Triggers done this before and we all enjoyed having him stop by.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
NOO, stop at the park around noon time, and bring us a nice lunch too. We should all be good and hungry by then :laugh: you have to remember, if Dave stops at the camp ground at night, he has a 2-2 1/2 hour drive home from there, unless he camps the night.

brpray

Dec 5, 2004
hi guys,

going to miss this one as the MRI results are in.

Torn ACL and fracture as well.

The fracture is given me the most pain with some good swelling going on.

Hope everybody has a great time and ride safe

Ray :(

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Ray - Sorry to hear about the injuries. You will certainly be missed! Heal up fast so hopefully you can make it to the next ride!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Ahhh! Ray! Bollocks! (sp?) You will be missed. I was hoping you could make it. Don't be shy, you can still come out and have some cold ones with us. I hear cold beer is a great pain killer.

That hill looks like a biggun!

I'm looking forward to this ride. New places are a good thing. :nod:

brpray

Dec 5, 2004
thanks Sam,

it looks as if no one will be representing Long island as Mike and the boys are heading north to Canada, a party for his parents is the calling.

Anyway just a reminder that TC has more coal dust than Paragon so you will get nice and dusty.

A nice pair of goggles is a good thing along with the cloth on the handle bars

Ray

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Ray, sorry you can't make it. I guess you can't just wrap it with more duct tape?!?! ;) I hope to see you at the next one.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
off topic, but is anybody heading to southwick this weekend?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Considering I always have food on the brain, I have a question...

Is there somewhere we can buy food at TC or should we be prepared with lunch food?

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
squeaky said:
Considering I always have food on the brain, I have a question...

Is there somewhere we can buy food at TC or should we be prepared with lunch food?

There is pizza and hotdogs normally. I bring my own food when we go.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Cool, thanks Matt!

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
No problem also the office has a lot of spare parts like tubes, levers, 2 smoke, oil, etc incase you break something and don't have a spare.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom