7th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider Spring Ride 6/15-17 at Tower City

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
yeah we took the rollercoaster ride if thats the one you're refering to. And where were you, we were looking for you and your dad

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
No we did not hit the 14 mile whoop, that I now understand is only the 7 mile whoop. There is WAY more at TC to hit in 2, or even 3 days even if your an AA rider. We made a great tour of it and had a great time. Special thanks to Jon at TC, you rock dude. I spent some time today checking out his tricked out KTM duke with carbon wheels, NICE! Thanks to Gordon too, he put this ride together and put alot of time and patience into that and leading the rides on two hot days. Lots of fun, very cool.
Scooter, I would like a full res of that group shot if you would. Thanks.
Jason.

Attachments

• Allcamp.JPG
    Allcamp.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Plugfix.JPG
    Plugfix.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 139
  • HardhillRo.JPG
    HardhillRo.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 135

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
JasonJ said:
Scooter, I would like a full res of that group shot if you would. Thanks.
Jason.

the menu bar right under the picture, click the + and it should give you the full size image. if not, let me know

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
And Jason, out of all the people who fell on that hill, why did you have to put mine up there :think: and a picture of my :moon: while I changed a spark plug

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Oskar, send me an email when you get a chance, I cant send to you through the forums. dan_cole1 @ verizon . net
just eliminate the spaces

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
scooter1130 said:
yeah we took the rollercoaster ride if thats the one you're refering to. And where were you, we were looking for you and your dad
Oh shoot I am sorry about that I had thought you had a roll call type of thing before the ride where you found out who could come. I'm etremely sorry we weren't there and you were looking for us. We couldn't come because my dad hurt himself really bad thursday working on his truck. Hope you guys enjoyed the ride I know there are some great trails at TC. Happy Fathers day to all you dads that wen't riding.

Oskar

Nov 30, 2001
Scooter, Awesome pics, got any more.
Sorry couldn't stick with you guys, Looked like a great time was had by all. It was really great to finaly meet you all.
Gordon, if you are riding TC again any time soon, let me know, I'd like to come alone or with a friend who can ride.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
As always a great bunch of people makes for a great ride.

Oskar, you just keep working on your boy, in short order he'll be ready for what TC has to offer. Squeaky was in the same boat not too many years ago.

speaking of Squeaks, OMG has she improved by leaps and bounds or what?!!! Her speed has increased 4 fold. I was so impressed to see how much better she has become.

I had a bit of trouble after Saturday's ride. I suspect that heat exhaustion was the culprit. Whatever it was, I was hurting. I got home from the ride and flopped into the camper. I spent the rest of Saturday in there sleeping. So I missed the camp fire on Saturday night. :(

The sleep did me good though. I was ready to ride come Sunday morning, and I'm glad I was. Everyone bailed on the Sunday ride except for JasonJ, myself and our guide/sponsor Gordon. We only rode for the morning but I'll bet we put on close to 30 miles. Great stuff. I hope we get to do it again sometime.

Gordon, Thank you for sponsoring DRN and the DYDR. I had a great time. Sunday's ride was awesome.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
What a great time!!!! I'll try to post a full ride report this afternoon - but in the meantime, thanks a TON Gordon for putting this together for us!

I would like everyone to know that aside from a few bumps and bruises my crashes did not cause any major damage to me! Thankfully!!!! I was so exhausted though that had I tried to ride on Sunday I probably would've gotten hurt!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
scooter1130 said:
And Jason, out of all the people who fell on that hill, why did you have to put mine up there :think: and a picture of my :moon: while I changed a spark plug
Sorry about that bro, I thought that was Ro in that one. So here you go to show no hard feelings.

Attachments

• tirefix.jpg
    tirefix.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 122
  • stevecrash2.jpg
    stevecrash2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 126
  • rocrash2.jpg
    rocrash2.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 132

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Great ride and Company

Hey Guys
You're all certainly welcome from my end and hope you all enjoyed your time at TC I had a great time riding with everyone. The big thanks however is due to John the man from TC and a great bunch of guys that I have been riding with there that have shown me the trails I took you on and helped me learn my way around the place. So here's a special thanks to LOU and Darrell if you guys check the site. I don't have time for a full report right now but will get to it later today. I just heard from Steve and he's pretty sore and bruised up from falling so much but you really have to give him credit for only riding 1 year he's doing really well and his attitude is awesome. Oh yeah thanks for the flat tire reminder picture, Jason I almost forgot about that one. I would love to get a copy of the video that was taken on Copperhead hill with all the carnage.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well, as usual I had a blast riding with you guys! Gordon, thanks for some great riding. Friday was a lot of fun with some fast riding and I got some good views of Steve falling over at least 30 or 40 or 100 times…I don’t know, I lost track. Saturday was fun with the whole group even if it was a bit dusty riding sweep. I was blown away by how much Sam has improved!

I’m really looking forward to the Copperhead hill video. There was quite a lot of carnage.

My body is beat to hell and in some pain today. It still hurts to sit. There’s no way I could have ridden Sunday but it sounds like you guys got some good riding in.

Jason, did you have any more encounters with crazy chipmonks?

Has anyone heard from Rob? I hope his knee is OK.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Lizard

Don't know anything about Jason's chipmunks but I did see a Lizard that looked out of place on Sunday while we were riding and Jason took a couple of pictures to see if he could identify it. Any luck Jason?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I'll be hitting Gordon up to join him as a guest once ina while too. I had considered buying a season pass, but I cant see spending the money for it when I may get there 3-4 times a year. 5 hours round trip driving is just too much for me for a day of riding. And I can't ride the rough trails 2 days in a row because of back problems, which is why I usually only did 1 day at Paragon too. So I'll just get a season pass for Lost trails when they open in a few weeks.

Whens the fall ride :aj:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
The rules say....

Only one ride per guest after that you must join as a member but somehow I think they might overlook that. Jason told me that he heard someone ask a guest if they had been there before and he said yes and they still let him ride so i don't quite know what's up with that. If TC has no problem with it I certainly don't and you can hit me up anytime. I would suggest checking with them before making such a long trip. I pretty much ride every weekend and if I'm not riding with another group your welcome to tag along with me.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I have heard that too about 1 time, and I have also heard you can only go once without being a guest to check it out. but I know people who have gone 4-5 times by themselves without becoming a member. So it sounds like as long as they get their money, they are happy. But if not, then I'll just stick with Lost Trails and Thomaston Damn in Conn till Paragon reopens. TC is just too far for me to buy a season pass.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Like I said as long as they have no problem with it your certainly welcome anytime. I just don't want to cause any problems for myself or TC so I'll check into it with John when I see him again this wekend and let you know.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
CRFGuy said:
Don't know anything about Jason's chipmunks but I did see a Lizard that looked out of place on Sunday while we were riding and Jason took a couple of pictures to see if he could identify it. Any luck Jason?

1 I belive what we whitnessed was a very rare siting of a Northern Fence lizard
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ard&um=1&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

They are only supposed to be found in the south 2/3rds of the state and I have never seen one before so this is a fairly far north for him to be. I can only think perhaps the black coal rocks stay warm enough in the winter sun to keep him from freezing. Very cool.

2 I think we made a great impression at TC. It was good to see Jon again and he seemed happy with our group so perhaps they would alow us some extra privliages. He even said hope to see your group again so thats very nice to here. Im glad he is doing so well, its great to see a guy that had a crazy dream and made it real be able to put Carbon Fiber wheels on his Duke 990. Man thats a nice bike, did I say that? Some dude with a Harly was getting jelous I was not paying any attention to his bike I think :nener: .

3 Chipmonk wise, I was very surprised to not have had them in my perimeter. I think we had an unspoken understanding when he was up on that bank at eye level looking at me and falling over on himself. Im sure he know I could have taken him then. I swear that thing was DRUNK! I should have know someting was up when I found every thing from rocks to golf balls shoved in what use to be holes in the dug out bank that was my camping spot.

Attachments

• fencelizard1.jpg
    fencelizard1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 130

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
man, wish I could of still been on the east coast to make the ride with you guys. Once again looks like you all had a good time, and so far, cool pics of what went down!!! Maybe another time I will get the privilege to ride with the group again. Till then keep it on 2 wheels, or not!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
yup def hot and dry, but I get to ride a lot more now since there are about 15 places within a 1/2 to me compared to back home where I had to drive at least 1.5hrs. I'm sure I will be back someday to make a ride!!!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah Sic we missed ya, but by the same token I turned in for the night with the other guys so I was in better shape in the AM and not :bang: LOL. It was hot and I have not been on my dirt bike since before my street bike wreck. I am in good shape but not in good dirt bike shape. I felt good all the time riding but by the time I got out of the van Sunday I was beat. I woke up Monday wiped out, sore, and running a fever! A good massage and lots of hydraton and I feel fine today. I am even thinking about hitting TC this weekend since Ill be in Carlise this weekend with plenty of time to kill. What do you say CRF guy?

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
JasonJ said:
Yeah Sic we missed ya, but by the same token I turned in for the night with the other guys so I was in better shape in the AM and not :bang: LOL. It was hot and I have not been on my dirt bike since before my street bike wreck. I am in good shape but not in good dirt bike shape. I felt good all the time riding but by the time I got out of the van Sunday I was beat. I woke up Monday wiped out, sore, and running a fever! A good massage and lots of hydraton and I feel fine today. I am even thinking about hitting TC this weekend since Ill be in Carlise this weekend with plenty of time to kill. What do you say CRF guy?
yeah but turning in late and feeling like :bang: in the morning is what makes you really work for the day when riding!! Gotta earn it the hard way ya know. :ride:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
I am even thinking about hitting TC this weekend since Ill be in Carlise this weekend with plenty of time to kill. What do you say CRF guy?

I'll be riding both days this weekend and your welcome to join me for Saturday but I'm still waiting to hear back from a riding buddy out there if he's riding this Sunday and what sort of group he'll have, It's not my group so I can't just invite you but will ask if your interested he's the guy I told you about that knows the place very well and one hell of a rider. I can't even think about keeping up with him, well alright I can dream about it but reality is he's on the AA level if you ask me.

Top Bottom