A phantastic, phun day at Phelan.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I rode out a Honda Valley years back and it was great, would be nice to ride there again.

Hey Boodac, you did miss out. I've never seen a Gas Gas with no seat. I thought they came with seats, my mistake. I have a good idea as to its whereabouts though. Ask LT, I think he might be able to shed some light as to its location,....maybe not, the light doesn't shine there!:think :o

Elk

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Phelan

Hey Scar my neighbors a Hesperia Cop and he said that they used to write a ton of tickets for those they caught riding out there, but because most people are staying away they dont spend that much time patroling the area anymore. If ya go riding out there watch out for the Cops on the KLX's. There pretty decent and will just kick you out if you dont spout off or give them any trouble.
Elk: I would bet the seats probably in roost heaven by now. Of course thats one way to keep someone standing and not sitting while riding. Ok I need to ask, I know the sand hill thats toward the East, but did Darth Bundy or anyone else tackle the West hill? Thats a killer hill.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You mean Darth 2 stroke Bundy, I think he or someone else did that side but no one paid attention! We should have, I know the hill is a killer. I looped my other bike on it so I figured that I'd like to keep my new one clean for a while!
Elk

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
RE west sand hill

I , Masterblaster and OL89er, and Bundy tried it at various points before lunch. I think one of the lines to the right Ol89er made it all the way and Bundy might have. I was picking soil and catus out of my teeth. and looking for the mounting parts to my bark buster about 2/3's of the way up. So I lost track of them till we all came back down.

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

We were at the west sandhill on a previous 138 ride. Brett r was there, and said, "It's easy, go ahead try it." When someone came along on a DRZ400 and made it without half trying, I couldn't stand it, so I went for it and made it up with no problem. It's almost like cheating on an "open" class four stroke.

There's another hill that's less than 100 yards west (of the west sandhill) that goes up in the opposite direction. I didn't quite make this one a few months back (missed by ten feet). This hill has axle deep dirt/sand at the bottom, and the very last portion is hard pack and a bit steeper. Going down the hill, I tried to get my weight back on the fender to keep the front wheel from digging in, but I couldn't manage it and was chucked over the bars. This is one place where the heavy front end on a big four stroke is a disadvantage. I'd rather ride a two smoke (or piglet) down that hill. It's best to be the first one to try this hill, because when the dirt gets churned, it gets deeper and really starts to suck power.

If I try it and don't make it again, I think I'll walk my bike down. :confused:

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001

Holeshot your right. I was watching the 4 smokers tackle the hills and they just chug away. Them 4 strokes you can let off the throttle while climbing then get back on it again and they dont bog or miss a beat. I have to admit, thats nice when it comes to hill climbing.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Scar, as for the cops at Honda Valley---I was told they were trying to discourage the out-of-towners from riding there, but they're a little more lenient on the locals. Also, if you stay west of the power lines you are out of their jurisdiction.
The cop that patrols with my friend is friends with Larry Roeseler, and had his bike modified by him, BTW.:eek:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Ride this weekend ?

Any body want to ride this weekend? Get your Xmas shopping done now so we can ride this weekend. Or just tell your wifes that they opened up a new swapmeet at Phelan and you have some last minute shoping to do:p

Ktmboy or Bulldog, let us know what happens with the rain on Thurs. night.

later
Lord of the ring dings bundy

ps. doesnt have to be at Phelan I`ll ride anywhere. Any body been to Beaumont lately? Thumbs?

Last edited:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Supercross?

Hey,
How many of you guys going to the Supercross. Anybody buy tickets yet?
If you havent bought yours yet, lets all buy them together.
Or if you have, we can still tail gate.:p

later mxbundy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've got my ticks to the Feb 2 supercross already so if anyone is going then, we can hook up and bbq!
Elk

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Supercross

Ive got all three Anaheims with three different groups. The second & third group is going to be with dirt bike groups. Im thinking the tailgate thing would be a blast. Except the second group is about 30 people. I doubt you would want that many people hanging for that so I will sneak away with a few my buds. let me know.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
We rode in Honda Valley about two months ago. Our friend lives there and we park on his property and ride out to the hills. We didn't see any of the police on KLXs, but we did see some type of white SUV that our friend thought might be the police. We didn't stick around to find out. :eek:

Funny thing is that I asked him if it was legal to ride out there before we took off and he fully assured me that it was, but as soon as the white SUV showed up he said, "Is that the police, we better get out of here!" :scream:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Honda Valley

Im thinking the buddy knew the real answer lol. I ride over to Main and 395 and do some riding there once in a while (its within riding disatnce what can I say). It seems like the area for all the unsuspecting riders to go now. Never fails on the weekends, the KLX cops show up and start sighting people. They have half dirt half street tires so there not the quickest things in the dirt, but when i have the kids its hard to split. Even worse they will sneak up on you when your not looking. Luckily I know one of the guy so he just gives me the "you know better look & speech".

drBill

Dec 2, 2001
Phelan Directions??

Hi Guys,

I'm new around here. Ride a KLX300. Sounds like your Phelan ride was great. Wow - 23 riders. Awesome. I'd love to try Phelan. Been past the off ramp on the 15 dozens of times, but don't know where the riding areas are. Anyone care to share some directions?? Maybe I can hook up with you guys next time there's an organized ride. Thanks!

bp

Top Bottom