rage88

Oct 18, 2005
hey guys...

my bro just bought a alpinestar suit and he wanted to get some alpinestar boots.... i read on here that tech 8's aren't a decent boot and that they don't last long...

i told him and he now wants to know what a good boot is, and how much it would be....

thanks guys..

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
The soles on the Alpine Stars wear out REALLY fast. I have Tech 8's with another company's sole on them.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I wore Tech 8's for a while also, switched to Sidi Force SRS's and will never wear another boot. Best boot and most comfortable I have ever owned.

rage88

Oct 18, 2005
ok thanks guys.... i will let him know... also i want a pair of FOX boots... anyone know any decent ones?? and site for prices and stuff... must be UK postage thou

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Don't buy Fox Trackers!!! JUNK!!! I have heard some people say the like the Formas.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
My guy and I switched from Tech 8's to Gaerne SG10's and love em! A few friends switched as well. I'd check out the Gaerne SG10's. $270 at MXSouth is a good price - and they will outlast the Tech 8's and provide more support (especially in the ankle flex area).

soulmate33

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 29, 2004
Okiewan said:
I wore Tech 8's for years , switched to Gaerne SG10's... will never look back.
http://www.mxsouth.com/gaerne/gae59sg-10b.htm
MXGirl230 said:
Same here
nikki said:
My guy and I switched from Tech 8's to Gaerne SG10's and love em! A few friends switched as well. I'd check out the Gaerne SG10's. $270 at MXSouth is a good price - and they will outlast the Tech 8's and provide more support (especially in the ankle flex area).

After wearing Tech 6's and Tech 8's for the past 6 years, I took the advice of our respected fellow DRN's and bought me some SG10's.

I used them today for the first time riding MX track and a bunch of trails. Awesome boot!
  • easy to put on & remove due to the hinged bracing around the calf area.
  • buckle system is great and looks replaceable.
  • I definitely love the rubber padding on the bike side of the boot. I've never gripped my bike better! I actually ended up rubbing the Stomp Grip tape off of my airbox and side panels because of the awesome grip I was able to obtain.
  • I can fit my custom orthotic inserts inside the boot and still be comfortably snug.
  • The side to side ankle bracing is unreal. The boot flexes where you need it to flex.
Much Mahalo DRN! :aj:

Top Bottom