America VS Canada!!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I don't know what is with this stupid Olympics thing. For the followers of the olympics everyone knows that Canada is the county to screw over, or just to plain out bash Canadian's. I wasn't going to start this flame but now I figured what the hell. The American women's hockey team PUT OUR CANADIAN FLAG ON THE FLOOR OF THE DRESSING ROOM
I know this doesn't apply to all American's but do they not have any respect? What's with that? I mean these "Women" if you want to call them that, are putting one hell of a bad name to your country. Once again I know this doesn't apply to most american's but look at all the stuff we do for America, and this is thanks we get? We have a ref giving us 11 PENALITIES in one game (hmmm crooked ref maybe) Oh yah he was American.
I just don't get this at all:debil:
Why should we jump to help a country that is out to walk all over our flag and disrespect us?

ARRRGGG I am to mad to right anymore, so I will let it go here.

ps, With 11 penalites the Canadian's women's hockey team still won, I think our Captain said it best, The american's put our flag on the ground now I want to know if they want me to sign it ;)
Now that's class

Last edited:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I'm not getting into the whole flag on the floor thing. But remember that "I am Canadian" commercial?

"Do you have anything to delcare?"
silence
"A big can of WHOOP_ASS!!!!!!!!!!!"

We are definetly going to bring it! Can't wait for Sunday.

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by CanadianRidr

Why should we jump to help a country that is out to walk all over our flag and disrespect us?

You said it earlier in this post. Our country did not disrespect your flag. Just a small group of them.

Desecrating flags is something that has been promoted by certain groups in our society for some time now. To keep this from getting political :p I will leave it at that. Flags should command respect from people but you just have to look at how some people are raised.

Don't group all Americans as people that would do something like that. Some of us do have honor and respect for flags.:cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I suppose if a person is ignorant enough to tag an entire country for the act of a few... oh well.

I tell ya what, with the Russians & Koreans whining and threatening to take their toys and go home (do it, who cares?)... all the contraversy, etc... the Olympics have turned ugly. Very dissapointing. It's a real shame.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Oh I am sorry guys I said I wasn't going to tag all of American's for this, and sorry if it came off like that. I know most of you guys respect flags and what they resemble etc....
Especially guys like Okie, Senior, Biglou..
I guess this more targeted at certain groups, I tried to say that, but you all know what it's like in the heat of a post.

Okie I couldn't agree with you more! It is a true shame :(

PS, Once again this is aimed at certain groups of people not all of US, sorry if it came off that way :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Canadian boy, sorry to hear what that group did, definitely does not speak for all of us. Just shows how the games have gone downhill. Hate to tell you this but our boys are gonna spank ya!!HAHAHA :moon: :)
Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Hate to tell you this but our boys are gonna spank ya!!HAHAHA

Wanna place a "Friendly" wager on that little man?:aj:
Or would you like to make it more interesting?

like I said, I know you are all not like that, just from this site I can tell that :D

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Anybody know where I can get some Canadian flag toilet paper? (JUST KIDDING! JUST KIDDING!)

I really like Canada. Kinda like USA Lite. ;)

(though I gotta agree with Elk, Team USA is gonna spank the Canucks. Sorry Gretz.)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
:think Grr, I guess I have to laugh;) I keep hearing America Jr.

Don't appoligize to Gretz, when we take your pride we will try and give it back in one piece ;) Hockey is our game:aj:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Lota of things to like about Canada and Canadians, beautiful country friendly folks, good beer, but sorry guys I won't be rootin for you on Sun. We deserve the win (even though it is your sport) as payback for giving us Jim Carey!! :debil:

P.S. come on, quit whinin' about the refs, what are ya,
Russian? J/K and as you pointed out you won!
P.P.S. I apologize for my country (a small part of it) about the flag thing I'm probably as patriotic as anyone and that ticks me off as well.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I sure hope our boys don't have to beat'm it 4 on 5 like the girls did. That may be just a bit to much humiliation for the american male ego;)
I just hate to see grown men cry:p

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
:think :think

Just got back from a nice outdoors day in SoCal, USA. From the looks of things, your women could indeed beat ours in hockey.

I'm not too sure that upsets me a heck of a lot. ;)

ps. Okay, okay, I just can't help myself: "Canada. Where the men are men. . . . And so are the women."

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:moon: :moon: :moon: Look, triple moon over Toronto!! LT, nice, very nice:)

Where do you think the Sasquach came from, a Canadian female that forgot to shave!:)j/k Here's the wager there Canadian fruitcake. You lose, you let your girl take a spin in your lowered Chebby, and make YOU the passenger holding an American flag! If we lose, you get to hold the Canadian flag!HAHAHAHA!
Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Arrgg this thread took a nice turn:confused:
Beef you are the kind of great citizen I should have talked about, you are a true American:) Thank you
As for Elk:moon: I still don't know about that guy
That's your bet? I knew I could smell yankee yellow belly j/k (I think)
Heck I wouldn't want to bet if I knew I was going to lose too! lol It's ok maybe in another 4 years

Last edited:

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
This is the most passive agressive post I've ever seen, from jumping on America, to backpedaling, to yellow bellied yankee, etc. This is the Flame Board, so tell me CanadianRdr about all the things that Canada has done for the US? Why does there continue to be a movement in Canada to just become part of the US? I agree with you about the poor sportsmanship at the Olympics, everyone seems to have forgotten that the Olympics were supposed to transcend all politics and provide for pure athletic competition. It has now become nothing more than a glitzy political arena. I also have nothing against Canada, I've been a number of places in the great white north, from Vancouver and Victoria Island to Montreal and Toronto. It really is a beautiful country, with very nice people. However, it has always seemed to me that the relationship between our countries is somewhat one sided, but not in the direction you mention. Rather, it is the strong relationship between the US and Canada that allows your country to not have to invest heavily in a military, and it is American dollars that help keep many of your cities in the black through tourism. Anyway, those are my thoughts, I'm just going to put my nomex undies on and await your response. :p

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
from jumping on America, to backpedaling, to yellow bellied yankee, etc

Umm if you are speaking of my coment to Elk, me and elk are pretty good buddies and throw the odd e-mail at eachother. He is one of the many people on DRN I am glad to call my friend:D thanks for asking.

As for what Canada has done for America, Id rather not get into it. We all know we help eachother 100% and lets just say (I know I shouldn't) But I live close to an army base and A LOT, of my friends and parents are fighting right now against the terrorists who attacked the US, thats just one:D
Are the nomex's getting hot yet?

ps, As for backpedaling? I don't know where you got that:think

Now I shall wait for your response

Last edited:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
That would be Vancouver Island, Hugebear. The Canadian women received 13 penalties (26 min) in that game, they received 13 penalties in the entire rest of the olympics. The Yankees received either 6 or 8 penalties. Canada is going to beat the Yankees tomorrow no problem, they're playing umbelievably well, they'll win. :p

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by Hugebear
Victoria Island

I think you meant Vancouver Island. Victoria is the capital city of BC.
Sorry, just had to point that out.

I do not agree with your point on our military though.
I dont want to comment further and have this thread closed because it turned into a bash Canada thread.

:cool:

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
Of course we support each other 100%, we're allies. That was really my point, I could even mention some real heroism by Canadians at Normandy in WWII. I can't speak to Canada's involvement in the war on terrorism, other than to say that I'm sure you are involved. I do have first hand experience however with the Canadian presence during the Gulf war, but I also don't want to turn this into an anti-Canada flame. My post was really meant to be fairly light hearted, however my initial reading of your initial post was that it was more anti-US than anti-US female hockey team, or anti-US poor sportsmanship.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I was just wondering what Gretz was thinking when he sat there and called all Americans just ridiculous. Especially since he Married one and his kids are American and he lives here and he made Millions off us Ridiculous Americans!?
I was just wondering! LOL!
Go USA!

D

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
And please accept my apologies about slipping up about Vancouver Island. I believe I was thinking of Victoria Gardens(?), which I visited a lot of years ago while on a port visit to Vancouver on a US Guided Missile Cruiser. I also skiied at Whistler and Grouse Mountain, and visited some excellent <ahem> gentlemen's clubs while in BC.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Thanks guys we are keeping the replies in good communication without bashing eachother :) I am glad to see it, thanks

And like I said I was just ticked at the time I wrote this post
THIS IS ABOUT US SPORTSMANSHIP
just wanted to make it clear.:)
I am glad that we have US as an alli, I just hope that there are more americans wanting toss us on the floor.

Ps, Our "clears throat" gentlemen's club's are a nice place for....nevermind:aj:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:silly:

The original concept of the games was for good natured competition, a meeting of nations, a place to be your best, now it is all politics, bribery, cheating, and bad sportsmanship. Still there are many that compete for the love of their sport, and make the most of a remarkable opportunity.

Would it have made a difference if they had taken a bunch of maple leaves and stomped on them instead.

I could care less if my opponent desecrates my flag, puts pins in a picture of my face, or insults my mother.

It is how I compete that matters. :cool:

BTW - I always thought, what happens in the changeroom stays in the changeroom :p

Last edited:

Top Bottom