Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So it's a village/town, not a area/place owned by Abbott Labs...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okiewan said:
So it's a village/town, not a area/place owned by Abbott Labs...

I'm pretty sure it's an area designation like Rogers Park, Lincoln Park etc. It's 95th and the Ryan so you know I'm never in the area and I'm going by what people have told me. :) Anything south of about North Ave. is too far south for me. ;)

One of my buddies lives out that way and suggested some good places around there for Bruce to check out, but the Lake Bluff deal is just way better all around.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Okiewan said:
Confusion sets in.. Where's Abbott Park Rich?

LOL- Rich, in MY confusion, i think i mislead you my friend!!! I did the search for Abbott laboratories, the zip is 60064, so nearby towns are Libertyville, Lake Bluff, Gurnee etc.

It was nice of them to build "Abbott Park" suburb just to confuse me :coocoo: :)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
bclapham said:
LOL- Rich, in MY confusion, i think i mislead you my friend!!! I did the search for Abbott laboratories, the zip is 60064, so nearby towns are Libertyville, Lake Bluff, Gurnee etc.

That would be the north side and much better than the far south side. Chicago is a great city. When you adjust to the change in seasons its not so bad here in the midwest. The only time it really sucks is this time of year when the weather should have made a change for the warmer and it hasn't yet. :pissed:

B

biglou

Hey, looks like I'll get to meet Bruce in person this year, unless he hides! Yeah, I love visiting Chicago. It's an incredible city to walk around in downtown. I wouldn't want to live in the city like that, but it is great fun to visit.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
biglou said:
Hey, looks like I'll get to meet Bruce in person this year

I'll pencil you in for the "Bruce & Rich Go To SuperDawg" adventure.:nod:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
YESSSSSSSS!! One down, about 20 million to go, then the place is mine ALL MINEEE (insert evil laugh here) :boss:

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Bruce - you aren't going to bail out of here before buying me the beer you owe me for those suspension bits are you? You get to drink it with me so it's like an extra discount. :laugh:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
dang Aimee, only 20 million to go. you've got the feds and illegal imigration beat, and just to show what a great guy i am Aimee, you can send 10-15 more out to freedom ridge. I figure while i;m gone some fellas will need to step it up, So send leah the tom cruz, and that fruity pirate guy. she seems to think she need studs to garden .or as she puts it.."well i need studs to tend to my garden while you are gone " is how she put it. ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations Bruce, now we expect to see you at Dirt Week this fall. You are in the same timezone my friend!

Don't be alarmed by DAIRYAIR, that smell is the smell of money!

One thing no one else has mentioned about the northern hinderlands is the seasons. Much like Kali, they only have two, but they are slightly different.

Instead of fire and rain it is snow and construction. :nener:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
KiwiBird said:
Bruce - you aren't going to bail out of here before buying me the beer you owe me for those suspension bits are you? You get to drink it with me so it's like an extra discount. :laugh:

i havent forgotten that stuff matey, just taking my time, LOL. :) We should try and meet up before i go.

Maybe Dirtweek 2006, DW 2005 is probably out since we are gonna be super busy.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Much like Kali, they only have two, but they are slightly different.
QUOTE]

Tony.

Actually we have four seasons here in Cali.

Drought, wind, fire and mud. :rotfl:

Good luck Bruce. :cool: Don't forget to take your heavy jacket. :yikes:

Ol'89r

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
Don't forget to take your heavy jacket. :yikes:

Terry - He doesn't have a jacket heavy enough. :ohmy:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Okiewan said:
Don't send all those fruit cakes out here!! :nener:

Don't worry - we're just sending one. :coocoo:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Don't worry - we're just sending one. :coocoo: " oh yeh, where does ROAR-rich hail from. I thought he was a transplant

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
sfc crash said:
Don't worry - we're just sending one. :coocoo: " oh yeh, where does ROAR-rich hail from. I thought he was a transplant

Sarge - I was born, raised and have lived my entire life in the same 40 block long by 3 block wide section of the northside of Chicago. I drive past my grammar school every morning and work 1/4 mile from my high school. I'm nothing if not a LOCAL. ;)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
well, this changes things a bit. I think my relo package will have some serious incentives to buy a house. So, i kinda need to hit it out the park on the first swing.

here are my criterion.

1. Less than $300K
2. maybe 2-3bed, 2 bath, garage.
3. Nice hood
4. good schools
5. close to 60064
6. good comprimise with respect to getting to the tracks

Anyone know any realtors in North Chicago?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Okiewan said:
Baird & Warner is big in the area ....

Here's an example of a house in that range, I know the neighborhood/development (friend used to live there), good location, convienient to everything probably less than 10 minutes to Abbott with traffic.

http://realtor.com/Prop/1044611423?lnksrc=00045

Thanks Okie, :cool: so some of the areas in Waukegan have good schools etc??

btw- i dont want to appear pompus talking of 300K homes, its just that my rent on my little apartment would nearly cover that sort of mortgage.

i am gonna see what the relo officer can come up with also; to be fair, a new job, house and baby in the same 2 months might just send me over the edge, LOL!

Top Bottom