Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
300K isn't pompus up there Bruce, it's average.
Waukegan (pretty sure most of it are Gurnee schools, which are rated pretty high if I recall)
You'll get a lot more for your dollars if you are willing to drive a little, 45 minute commute bother you?
If not, look in areas west of there. Grays Lake, IL (guessing 20 minutes or so)

Avoid Round Lake Beach and Round Lake (bad rep, bad resale)

Areas to look (within 45 minutes): Gurnee, Hainesville, Mundelein and about as far west as you want to go, Wauconda/Island Lake <-- area I moved from last year.

(FYI, here's one in my old neighboorhood (less than 20 miles to abbott), a friend across the street had the same model, nice home: http://realtor.com/Prop/1043247370?lnksrc=00045 )

Good luck to ya.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Dam those 1/4 acre lots would make for a tight track.
Those look like nice houses
also may want to hit up Waltcmoto since he lives in the general area right now.

I don't think there are really any tracks in the north/ west chicago area. Closest are going to be Lake Geneva, Byron, Aztalan, and then south and west a ways. all still very doable for a day ride.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
A few tracks in that general area to add to oldguy's list (and their distances from Waukegan):

Lake Geneva, WI - 40 mi
Joliet, IL - 80 mi
Waterman, IL - 90 mi
Valparaiso, IN - 90 mi
Byron, IL - 100 mi
Lake Mills, WI - 100 mi
Pecatonica, IL - 100 mi
Wedron, IL - 110 mi
Ottawa, IL - 110 mi
St Anne, IL - 110 mi
Chilton, WI - 120 mi
Mendota, IL - 130 mi
Medaryville, IN - 130 mi
Buchanan, MI - 140 mi - RED BUD!!!
Winamac, IN - 140 mi
Mt. Carroll, IL - 150 mi
Walnut, IL - 150 mi

:ride:

And www.realtor.com is a great place to search for houses.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
cool, thanks Nikki- i do 110 miles to Glen Helen every saturday, so those distances are certainly doable!!! :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Okiewan said:
300K isn't pompus up there Bruce, it's average.
Waukegan (pretty sure most of it are Gurnee schools, which are rated pretty high if I recall)
You'll get a lot more for your dollars if you are willing to drive a little, 45 minute commute bother you?
If not, look in areas west of there. Grays Lake, IL (guessing 20 minutes or so)

Avoid Round Lake Beach and Round Lake (bad rep, bad resale)

Areas to look (within 45 minutes): Gurnee, Hainesville, Mundelein and about as far west as you want to go, Wauconda/Island Lake <-- area I moved from last year.

(FYI, here's one in my old neighboorhood (less than 20 miles to abbott), a friend across the street had the same model, nice home: http://realtor.com/Prop/1043247370?lnksrc=00045 )

Good luck to ya.

Ohh i would like a place that big, its about the same money as my house thats about half the size, need any renal techs up that end of the world???? then agian i hate the cold so i should move to brucies old apartment, BUT i dont like it too hot-so i best stay here :laugh:

Something funny bruce-claires now keen on visiting the states :coocoo: so it looks like next year you may have guests :yikes:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
:) Im so fussy i dont even know what i like,, last few seasons we have a standing joke at my club, if its not between 10 and 25oC and sunny(but not dusty) i dont race. :boss:

i dont mind riding in other weathers but i dont like the dust, i can ride mud but im a little lazy at cleaning all the bike and gear after-you ask steve-i wanted to leave his kx dirty as we were riding a few days later-he was horified :yikes:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Isnt Gomer nearby also??? he brought some really nice bratwursts to the San Diego SX one year. :fft:

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Midwest, (if you come up and ride Aztalan, we won't give you to much **hit for being a flat lander!)
You'l love it, actually driving 60 miles in less then 60 minutes! No really... Buy the way, I wouldn't eat a brat Gomer brought to a party :yikes: (probably made with chicken), that was me out there couple years a go!
as the Honda commercial says LETS RIDE!

party at Wardys

Last edited:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Bruce,
when you get here and get settled in, give a holler, we can set up a ride down at sunset ridge mx. good place to ride, get a bunch of people to gether and have a welcome to the midwest party, lll even bring the bratts again.

Old Guy, Nikki, Senior KX ???? what do you think :ride:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
holeshot said:
That's not too bad for a measly 257k, but it's got two glaring faults.

1. It only has a two car garage (three is minimum for dirt bike freaks). :ride:

2. It has snow in the front yard. :think:

Hmmmm, I count 3.......it's in FREAKING ILLINOIS!! :p

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
gospeedracer said:
Hmmmm, I count 3.......it's in FREAKING ILLINOIS!! :p

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell him Speedy. Let him figure it out for himself. :yikes: ;)

He'll be back. :rotfl: :rotfl:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK, just a little update. The relo package is quite good, so we are going in feet first, and hoping for the best! Gurnee seems like a good place, so that is on top of our list.

Looking for a touchdown time of around mid May, but may be in town for a visit the first or second week of april

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Gurnee, huh? Get ready to be overloaded by kids in the summer and shoppers around Christmas (as Gurnee is home of Six Flags Great America and Gurnee Mills - huge indoor outlet mall). At least it's close to the interstate though. Pretty close to cheeseland too ;)

Zoomer - good idea on a Sunset ride - count us in! :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
One Bruce leaving the midwest, and another coming in. Strange.

Too bad I will miss you Bruce. Have fun with the midwest weather!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
nikki said:
Gurnee, huh? Get ready to be overloaded by kids in the summer and shoppers around Christmas (as Gurnee is home of Six Flags Great America and Gurnee Mills - huge indoor outlet mall). At least it's close to the interstate though. Pretty close to cheeseland too ;)

Nikki, tell me where them cool biker chicks hang out!!!!????? :)

right now, its all about going in somewhere good, Gurnee has good schools and that bodes well for starting a family and resale as well i expect, should we want to find something at a later stage.

we are in town (Courtyard Chicago, Highland park) from April 7-10th (thurs-fri) and hope to view as many properties as possible and make a decision shortly after. As long as we live near a good freeway that connects to the tracks, life will be good.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
bclapham said:
OK, are these areas OK???

Hainsville
GraysLake
Lindenhurst
Wildwood

thanks!

I've only heard of 2 of those 4 places, and only been to one. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not Bruce :)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL, you need to get out more Rich!! :)

but they cant be far away , Abbott is 60064, these areas are 60073, 60031, 60046, 60030 and Erics shop is 60107!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
bclapham said:
OK, are these areas OK???

Hainsville
GraysLake
Lindenhurst
Wildwood

thanks!

I'm with RR - I've heard of Grays Lake and Lindenhurst.... never heard of the other two. :think:

Top Bottom