Cedar Creek - READY - well maybe..

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
Sunday would work for me. Scouting would have to be done very carefully. I'm sure were going to find remnants of huge drifts in the valleys. Would be nice if we could get a Third just in case we have to extract a 230 + pound bike from a drift! I wonder if could get a guy with a big green bike to show?

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
I MIGHT be able to swing next Sunday. I would just be breaking mine in, so I would be taking it easy as well. Now, if we could just do something about this heavy, wet, ACCUMULATING snow we're supposed to receive tonight?!?!?!?!

woodsy

Mi. Trail Riders
"I wonder if could get a guy with a big green bike to show?"
The guy on the BIG GREEN bike would LOVE to show but I dont know if the Big Green bike will be ready.. I ordered a Piston for it (I could probably put the original back with with new rings but hey, parts are cheap!!) and went to put it in last night. I noticed some VERY suspicious looking lines in the casting of the new piston that I dont like... I plan on sending it back to the Manufacturer for a replacement,
I should be ready but if not I may hafta ride my little DR100 LOL..
Sunday sounds GREAT!!!
Woodsy

woodsy

Mi. Trail Riders
I will also see if CW, Larry, Randy and my good friend Young Ted want to go (weather permitting)!!
Nice thing about Cedar Mark - we are ALWAYS a very short distance from the vehicles if we need to putt back..
I will try and get a peek at the North bound MCCCT out of White Cloud this week. I got a delivery I need to make not far from the area and even a "quick peek" is fun!!!!! I will let you guys know if I do.
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
Where is Cedar Creek located?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
Fred T said:
Where is Cedar Creek located?
It's north of Muskegon. If you look at a state map, follow US-31 north out of Muskegon to M-120. M-120 cuts through a small town called Twin Lake. Cedar Creek is about 3 miles east of Twin Lake on Ryerson Road.

Probably your best bet would be to come west on M-46. Take this to B-31, which is Maple Island Road. Go North to Ryerson Road, turn left. You'll see the brown/yellow sign for the ORV trailhead. This is coming into the trail from the other way previously described (going into Twin Lake).

woodsy

Mi. Trail Riders
Hey Fred:
If you would like me to I will get an address from a house dwon the street from the Creek for you. Plug it into mapquest and you have instant perfect directions!! Come on over and ride with us!! Also, PLEASE keep us posted anytime you guys are crossing the West/East line :) You NEVER know who might join in (but NEVER post if you dont want company!!) :)
Something just occured to me - ANYONE TAKING I-96 into Muskegon from G.R. - I think the DOT is starting a huge project at exit 16 (Coopersville) - you might wanna go around this secton - THATS A REAL BUSY AREA!!!!
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
woodsy said:
- ANYONE TAKING I-96 into Muskegon from G.R. - I think the DOT is starting a huge project at exit 16 (Coopersville) - you might wanna go around this secton - THATS A REAL BUSY AREA!!!!
Woodsy
That totally sucks! Thanks for the heads up woodsy. I take I-96 to Nuncia (M31) it's like two more exits. Looks like I'll be popping off @ Coopersville and hitting M46?
Woodsy I think it would be a rush trying to make a 100 do the trail!

woodsy

Mi. Trail Riders
Well, ok where do I begin...
I just spoke with my wife and she said that she didnt think the project on I-96 has started yet.. I will find out before Sunday and let you all know!

Fred T: here is the Mapquest for the trip over from Bay City:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...a0-cdbcf381&aid=404d5ac5-00112-005a0-cdbcf381

KTM033 here is the mapquest from TC:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...94-400c2546&aid=404d5a02-0001b-06094-400c2546
This directions will bring you both 1 block east of the trail head!!
Anyone else that is interested in coming over can use this address in Mapquest and it will bring you 1 block East of the Cedar Creek Trail head: 5500 Ryerson Road, Twin Lake, MI

Yea Marlin, I found out today that the DR100 is a true RUSH on Cedar Creek!! Randy called, Larry and I joined ranks and now I have a real Trail Report to write!!!
Woodsy

fender92883

Mi. Trail Riders
woodsy said:
now I have a real Trail Report to write!!!
Woodsy
:yeehaw: Spring must be close! (except for all that SNOW that's falling right now... :debil: )

ktm033

Lifetime Sponsor
I think we are going to bring a group of 4 down on Friday to ride, anybody interested.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
ktm033 said:
I think we are going to bring a group of 4 down on Friday to ride, anybody interested.

Hey, if you do will you post a trail condition report for us please?