fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Cool news on the trailer Kali, with this weather it would be nice to have one with bunk bed and A.C.:) I broke down and bought a matching set of vented Thor pants ,jersey to keep da air a flowin. I was kind of hoping that if I crashed enough, my old outfit would become naturally vented.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Re: Plan of the Day

Originally posted by MR.WR
P.S.....who is bringing the generator and TV..........I'll bring "Time to Ride".......Rick
HeyRick, I'll have the generator but no TV. I can power most of the campers in the area if you have your own ext. cords:cool: See you all there...

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Dirty,

how long of an extension cord do I need to bring??? Save me a spot under a big tree.....I'll be there early on Friday afternoon, see you then..

Rick (3 and a wake-up)

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
:( Well, I'm out... :( Looks like I've got a conflict with work-related travel. I suppose if I win the lottery this week I'll make it `cause then I could "Just say no!" to work. But as it stands now, I'll have to be there in spirit only ....

Somebody roost up a good wheelstand for me eh? :cool:

Disappointed in Chico

:(

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Sad but true. MXbundy and I are also out.:(

But.....If anyone from SoCal is going and and has room for one more rider and bike let me know. :)......I'm willing to pay my way and then some.

MXbundy - no offence..... just a last ditch effort....I'm still on for a local ride Saturday if nothing works out.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
uhg, will all these people not being able to go, I feel really bad to report TTRGuy and I will not be able to make it either. :(

Hope to see you guys on another ride soon though. Sorry.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Say it ain't so! Sorry to hear about the changes in plans, everybody. Look forward to meeting you all some other time.

I should be getting there Sat. about 8:00 am, but for a day ride only. All of my non DRN crew is also bailing out, so I'll not be bringing any guests.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Dropping like Flys

Dave.......the way things are going it is going to me just us.....:p

Sorry to hear that some folks can't make it.......there will be another ride....I'm sure of it.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Kali,

I'll be riding on Sunday, and I'm sure others will too. Dirty Dave is local, so I'm sure he'll want to go out for a Sunday morning ride...

The trailer is AWESOME!! Thanks for the killer deal. I went to the DMV:scream: this morning and took care of all the paper work:) Mine....all mine!!!

Rick

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
So how many are left?

Kali - are you & Kevin going to be there Sunday only? I was planning on coming for Saturday w/o Anja but I might be able to talk her into coming with me on Sunday - will be bringing the XR250 only (haven't fixed my WR yet). Either way, I'll be there for the day only - got too many things to do at home.....

Brian

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Hey Rick, Elkins trip is turning into; "The few, The proud" (Marine humor). Kali, I'll have 1 spare bike if you want to ride, xr400?

Attachments

• elkins.jpg
    elkins.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 257

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
The Few.....The Proud......Went Riding....

Hey....I'm all jazzed up! I've been drinking my cold coffee and getting things in order around the WR household. Man, one more day to go and it is all over for me.... I've been having a hard time sleeping....not sure if it is the retirement gitters or if it is the thought of riding:confused: I will be getting my last Marine Corps haircut http://www.richardmgibney.com/03saga.html in the morning :cool:
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and getting dirty:D

Rick (1 And a Wake up) :scream:

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Water at Elkins Flat

posted by Dirty Dave
Is there water for trailer tanks at Elkins Flat or do I need to fill at home station? looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it.

There is NO running water at the staging area. I'd fill up at home.

Rick

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Spodefest

Sorry guys,

As thumbs posted earlier, looks like well miss this one. But next time I`ll be there come hell or high water. I`ve lived in Ca. for about 11 years now and only been to a handfull of the riding spots and I dont care how far the drive I want to ride them all.
I wanted to meet everyone and although i`m new around here you all seem like really good people. Like I tell all my nonriding friends, i`ve never meat a better bunch of people than those in the dirtbike community.
Please everyone, post some ride reports. Cant wait to here about what I missed.
Later
mxbundy

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Up Dated Rider List as of 10 May 2001

Updated rider list...

Here is an updated list of riders......
Let me know if I forgot anyone......

Quick up date:

DRN Spring Fling Spodefest guest list.
As of 5/10/01
Kalitude
Kevimetal
Fremontguy
MR.WR
dirt bike dave
shifty1408 & crew
NVRFINISH
Jonala
Wildchild
Farmer John

Keep in mind that you'll need a fire permit. If you going up on Friday you can stop at the range office in Pioneer, Ca or at Cooks Station. Cooks Station is about 1 mile up the road from the Omo Ranch road turn off.

Last edited:

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
No problem...mxbundy

We had a fall(Oct) ride last year and it was perfect weather for riding. I hope to get something going again... Hope to meet up with you So.Cal guys soon...

Rick

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Kali,
You better take up any offer for a bike.... I need someone to ride with:)

Looks like I'll be there Saturday but will be a little late. Shooting for before 10AM since I'm coming from Santa Rosa - I'll leave the house at 6AM:(

Brian

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Kali,
The MIGHTY "IT" 200 has a 35" seat height. As soon as you sit on it, 32".
You'll have a great time on this bike. It has a very friendly powerband.

Just think of it as a 15 year old "BLUE" KTM. ;) You bring the gas, I'll bring the oil.
:)

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Kali,

I'll put new lighter air in the tire tubes, 1/2 tank of gas, should be under 230 lbs. Much lighter than my mini pig XR 250.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
of mice & men

In keeping with the current theme of this thread, I am going to back out of showing up.
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who was able to get my wife & I a Hot Air Balloon ride.
While you guys are having a good time riding, I will be floating over wonderful Gilroy.

Top Bottom