MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
The Elkins Flat staging are is very shaded with pine trees. There is plenty of room to get a large motorhome or pickup / travel trailer in there with NO problems.

Who plans on camping at the staging area???

I'll be solo this trip, so I'll camping at the staging area.

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I just got off phone with ranger, she said we can get fire permits at Cooks station, which is last gas station before Omo ranch turn off. You need one if you use propane equipment etc. Mrs.fremontguy and I plan to be at Elkins staging area late Friday night.

------------------
'99 XR400R '95 300EXC

Phatty520

Jun 12, 2000
Hey everybody!.....I've been gone for a while, glad to be back up and running again. heres a little info...dont reserve or camp at pipi campground they make you trailor the bikes out or push them I know this cause I own some property back behind pipi and have some run in's with hosts, rangers, then sherrifs. We had the property before pipi campground even existed they landlocked us. Battle goin on right now over trying to get some type of easment but thats another story.
lookin forward to seeing you all up their. so far so good.were doin the sheetiron 300 the following weekend so we'll make this a little tuner upper lets grip and rip!
Hows it goin MR.WR...hows the clavicle
Hey fremont guy, hows it goin?

------------------

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Look forward to seeing you and the stealth 520 again phatty520. Can we expect some helmet cam recording?

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
phatty 520,

The collar bone is doing well. I've been able to ride some over the last several months, but I"m not full up to speed yet;)

Looking forward to seeing you and your crew again....

Rick

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
elkin's flat

well it's still iffy but i'm trying to make it that weekend.
Mr WR sorry to read about the breakage...but there's an up side for me...If you're not up to full speed yet mayby I'll be able to keep your dust in sight;) I'll try camping at the staging area too.
Hope to see everyone there. I hope there is going to be numerous non riding significant others there. It will help grease the kitchen pass process:)

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Dirty D,

Gotta make this one!! I'd like to throw a leg over that mighty Husky:D.......please!!!!!!!! I'll be there on Friday afternoon sometime after my retirement ceremony.......free at last:D

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Hello everyone. I think I just might be able to make this one if I can find someone to carpool with from SoCal.:)

Kali - whats this about not taking the job? Did your list of things to fix in Cali get taken care of?

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Kali,

Here are the direction to Elkins Flat.
If I can get out of town early enough I'll post some paper plates along the road to the staging area......

Here are directions to Elkins Flat staging area.

Follow Highway 88 to and through the town of Jackson.
Go left at Omo Ranch Road. If you reach Cooks Station then you missed the Omo Ranch turnoff by about 1/2 mile
Take the very next right on PIPI road.
Follow PIPI road to and past PIPI Valley campground.
The next camping area past PIPI Valley campground is Elkins Flat.

I would assume that you'll be taking I-80 east??? If so, take the SR-12 East to Rio Vista. Follow SR-12 untill you reach I-5. Stay on SR-12 and go through Lodi. Once you reach SR-99 you'll want to head south bound for a mile or less. Then look for Harney Lane take the Harney Lane exit. At the stop sign go left. At the next stop sign turn left, go over the highway and follow Harney Lane for several miles and a 4 way stop or two. Then once you come to a RED BLINKING LIGHT:D make a left onto SR-88. Then follow the above posted direction.
By taking Harney Lane, you'll save yourself about 20 miles or so!!

If you need anymore info drop me an e-mail.....:D :D

Last edited:

Phatty520

Jun 12, 2000
Yeah fremont guy we'll get some helmetcam footage this time,last time I had someone else turning it on and off atleast I thought they were:think
I'll be operating it myself this time :D
MR.WR. I know how those collarbones can be broke mine twice, no fun, hope your back up to par for the ride.

WildChild

Apr 9, 2001
Hey Guys,

I'm kinda new here and was wondering if this is a invitation only kind of event or if its open to everyone. I'm always looking for new people to ride with and this looks like a great opportunity.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
wildchild,

Welcome to DRN!

Bring it on!! Make sure you have a green or red sticker and spark arresstor. If you need more info let me know......

Rick (SHORT)

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Kali,
Sorry to hear about the relo problem with the job offer. Great attitude & hopefully it will allow you and Kevin to come up to Middle Creek.

I had a similar situation in '98 - I had an offer from HP that I had to turn down because of relocation re-imbursement 'issues'. It would have cost us ~25-30K to take the job. Two years later I got another offer from the same group at Agilent (formerly HP) - we got what we needed to make the job change happen. These things work themselves out the end.

Brian

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
It looks like mxbundy and I will be coming up late Friday night for a Saturday only ride.

However I do have 2 questions.

1) Is a red sticker ok? I tried to call but the lady on the phone said I "should" be ok with the red sticker. I don't want to make a 8 hour trip for nothing. If someone could post a link with the red sticker dates that would be great.

2) Is everyone camping at the stagging area and if so do we need to make reservations or is it first come first serve? Tents ok?

I can't wait to meet some more great DRNers:)

See ya in the dirt.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by kalitude

I'll be there even if I am bike-less (I have parts on order for my front end). I miss you guys! :confused:

Kali - I won't hear of it.... no how no way.

I might be able to bring my son's 00' xr100 if we have the room for it. I know it's not a trick as your TTR but it's better than nothing.:)

Let me know.

BTW - 10k to move.......:eek:

WildChild - if you are reading it, it's an invatation....the more the merrier:)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Yes, I am planning on being there for Saturday only. I'm having a difficult time convincing the wife to join me. It may come down to having only one working bike - I've got to get my WR & KX running....

Kali - I'm willing to bet that a cross country move will be a lot more than $10k. Things start adding up very quickly.

Brian

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
CC spodefest

Hey thumbs,
Everything here is a go. One more rider confirmed to make the trip with us. He`s a fellow 250f guy and a good sport.
Looks good for the bottom line on the gas bill.

Later
mxbundy

p.s. kalitude, you should get a toybox trailer so you can use it for your bikes after the move.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Here is an updated list of riders......
Let me know if I forgot anyone......

Quick up date:

DRN Spring Fling Spodefest guest list.
As of 5/3/01
Kalitude & guest????
Kevimetal
Fremontguy
MR.WR
dirt bike dave and guests???
shifty1408 & crew
NVRFINISH
Jonala
Jimmy!
Phatty 520 & Crew
thumbs
mxbundy
Wildchild
SGR & TTR

Maybe's
Kiwi Bird (of Paradise)
sgr

Last edited:

WildChild

Apr 9, 2001
Looks like I'll make it up for the ride. I will stay at my folks house in Sonora on Fri. and drive up for Sat. Dont know if I can stay for Sun. or not. Is it very cold this time of year? (I would be sleeping in my truck if I stay) Look forward to meeting you all.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Wild,

Sounds good... the weather SHOULDby nice, but you never know. If were lucky, the highs might get into the mid 70's and the low will be down into the 40's or so....that is just a guess.
I'll be watching the weather next week.
What time to expect to be up on Saturday morning???

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Plan of the Day

Ok, Gang since I come from a military background here is the plan of the day for Saturday and Sunday:D

For all of us that will be camping at the staging area;
0530 Reveille, (S.S.S)
0600-0630 Chow
0630-0730 Bike prep
0730-0800 Prep to ride
0800-1700 RIDE
1700-1800 Chow
1800-???? Social hour.....adult beverage, bench racing....
:p

P.S.....who is bringing the generator and TV..........I'll bring "Time to Ride".......

Rick

WildChild

Apr 9, 2001
MR.WR
Looks like I will have to shoot for 0800hrs. I cant help with the TV but am willing to help with the supply of adult beverages, and bench racing.

Top Bottom