thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Re: Plan of the Day

Originally posted by MR.WR
Ok, Gang since I come from a military background here is the plan of the day for Saturday and Sunday:D

For all of us that will be camping at the staging area;
0530 Reveille, (S.S.S)

Rick

Rick - correct me if I am wrong ( I am a civilian after all) but I believe that means there will be a bugle call at 5:30am!:eek: Your killin me man, farm animals don't even get up that early on a Saturday.;)

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
plan of the day

posted by:
thumbs
Your killin me man, farm animals don't even get up that early on a Saturday:scream:

No.....but Spode's do;) Lets ride!!!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Why do I get the sick feeling that I will be saying things like, "Yes Sir, I will make it to the top that hill this time Sir" and "No Sir, I will not slow the group down again Sir" all day on Saturday while wiping MR.WR's spit off of my goggles? :p

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
Looking forward to it! Angela(wife) is coming too, so ya'll better watch out, she's the fast one!

We're hoping to make it down there Friday night, before 0Dark:Thirty if I have my way. If we're real lucky, I might have a helmet-cam rig by then(depending on the funding of course)! Won't that be fun! I got some maps on the way from the kindly rangers so that when you all leave me in the dust, I'll at least be able to find my way back to camp .... ;)

Last edited:

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Feb 10, 2000
I am trying to get at least one day off that weekend but so far it isn't working out. If I can swing it I will definately be there. Last year was a blast:)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Okay, I'm a late-comer as usual! :confused: Things are starting to settle down here now and I am finally getting over being sick for nearly 2 weeks!! I am pretty sure TTRGuy and I can make this one. I just had to read through 9 pages of this post to catch up. Haven't really gotten to check out the direction/distance or anything yet, but if it is about 8 hours for Thumbs then it is about 6 hours for us (subtract an extra hour if I drive) ;) I will double check with TTRGuy (he's w/o computer right now) but if we go we will camp in the staging are with they rest of you that are camping. I can't get Friday off so we will have to take off from here about 4:00pm. Sounds like fun, but I must warn anyone that is having any thoughts of waking me up at 5:30am, think very carefully about how much you value your life before doing so. :p

** update, just spoke to TTRGuy, he is ready willing and able, so forbearing, any disasters between now and then we should be there.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Updated rider list...

Here is an updated list of riders......
Let me know if I forgot anyone......

Quick up date:

DRN Spring Fling Spodefest guest list.
As of 5/3/01
Kalitude & guest????
Kevimetal
Fremontguy
MR.WR
dirt bike dave and guests???
shifty1408 & crew
NVRFINISH
Jonala
Jimmy!
Phatty 520 & Crew
thumbs
mxbundy
Wildchild
GSR & TTR
Farmer John

Maybe's
Kiwi Bird (of Paradise)

Last edited:

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
OT - but....

GSR,
Is TTR-guy now a CA resident or does he fly his own GulfstreamV for these weekend soiree's?

Brian

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by MR.WR
SGR & TTR

Hey! I thought I was going with TTRGuy! :( ;)

I think Kiwi is still in Dallas. I'll send him an e-mail to see if he will be back in time and is interested in going.

NVR FNSH, TTRGuy is now officially a CA resident! :) :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Do you guys mind 1 more?
Looks like I will be able to ride the 12th & 13th. Inlaws are going home early (aw, too bad).

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Farmer - Sure we got room for one more....but only if you bring the Geo Metro?;)

Kali - Offer still stands for the xr100 if needed.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Alright, John! Looks like CR's will be well represented as the spode's bike of choice.

Rick, any chance you can bring a military-to-civilian dictionary? I don't want to miss a word!

Seven and a wake-up (I think), :)
Dave

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
7 and a wake up????

posted by dirt bike dave.
Rick, any chance you can bring a military-to-civilian dictionary? I don't want to miss a word!

Seven and a wake-up (I think),

means that I really have 8 days to my retirement day, 7 days+the wake-up morning;)......then it is off to the woods with a bunch of Spodes :)

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Feb 10, 2000
Well, unfortunately the evil Michelin empire will not let me have any days off that weekend so I won't be able to attend. I was really looking forward to riding with you guys and girls again. Also, I just got the WR working right and wanted to test it on those great Elkins Flat trails. Have fun. :(

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
BTW: What are the trails like out at Elkins Flat? I got maps today and it looks like most of the trails are rated in the "most diffucult" range. How does this rating compare to "most difficult" at say Middle Creek or Stonyford?

Thx

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Jimmy!, I have not been to Elkins yet, but a friend who has been both places says many of the 'most difficult' trails at EF are MUCH easier than the Black Diamond rated trails at Stonyford.

I don't think there is much consistancy in the rating systems from riding area to riding area.

Phatty520

Jun 12, 2000
some bad news here at home ......my wife is real sick, been in and out of the hospital (kidney probs) so at this point I'm not sure if I will make it:( .
will try to keep everybody posted
Jimmy...... the trails at E.F. are pretty easy but alota fun! compared to stonyford they are for the most part easier, not near as many jumps as stonyford, wich is kinda a bummer but theres some great trail riding.
hope I make it, if not, have fun everybody!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
You folks have fun, I can't make it up as I've got some problems which are taking up most of my time and that includes next Saturday.

Enjoy
Kiwi Bird

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Well, hate to hear about the problems of Ph520 and family, and Kiwi:( but... we(ms.DirtyDave & I) are in:cool: We'll go up Friday morn. and try to snag a good spot. Is there water for trailer tanks at Elkins Flat or do I need to fill at home station? looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it.

Top Bottom