Changing the brake pads on KTM's ????

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
We cant figure out how to get the pin out (to change the pads)on my brothers 94'KTM250sx. There is no allen key head like the Japanesse bikes. So this may be a dumb question, but were not used to working on this Italian bikes.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
First off...the KTM is an Austrian bike. :)

There should be two little funny cotter pin looking items holding the pins in. Just remove those and the pins should come right out. I like to put a bit of "never-seize" on em.
I can change my pads in about 60 seconds.

I may be wrong, not familiar with 94's. (shrug)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...yeah but I'm old and slow! :p

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
sorry bout that

Austrian, Italian whatever j/k. There is no codder pins in those holes:scream: . It(the pin) wobbles all over and rubs on the rotor. Not good. The pads also wore really uneven and that probably because of the pin having no codder pins:think . Thats my brother for ya>he dont maintain his bike very well.:o

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The pin rubs the rotor???

Oh my:eek:

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
The pin should never touch the rotor, and I just can't imagine how that can happen.

Anyway, that pin is pressure inserted in there. just hammer it out from the outside. To put again you will have to hammer it from in-between the spokes.

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
If ur pin doesn't have holes for the pins, it must be holding back by a metal plate that exert a small force to keep it in place......jus knock the pins out, change the pads and knock them back in. it's tat simple.:)
Do make sure tat they r secured though.............Keep the throttle twisted!!!!

Top Bottom