Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Heat gun Pred. It wil all you to do all sorts of modifying to the stock airbox unless it's a mega major hacksaw type mod.

BTW use something besides your hot dog fingers to push the plastic in to shape.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
pictures on page 2

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
finally got the linkage bolted up yesterday. I forgot to take pics, and you really don't want to see my welding job . . . but I'll get some out later for all to see. The suspension should work awesome.

Got the rear brake mounted, I need to do some fiddling around with the master cylinder mount cuz the swingarm could hit the master cylinder on bad bottom-outs, and I may have to lengthen the backside of the brake pedal as it's not pushing enough fluid to suit me. I also need some new brake pads for out back.

I changed the gearing as well, adding a couple teeth to the back. I didn't do a lot of measuring (patience isn't a virtue of mine) so I'll have to do some calculating to find out how long a chain I'll need for the little fire, er, smoldering-coals breather.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
just_a_rider said:
Why couldn't you take the ttr engine and strap onto the 80 frame?
Too many issues for fitment, mainly due to the size of the 80 engine vs. the 125 engine. I'm not even sure the sucker would fit under the top frame spar.
95xr250 said:
awsome prodject wat are you going to do to the motor?
It's on the move list, sale pending as I type this. I don't want no stinkin' two stroke engine on my ranch! ;)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Cool project, Pred, and I'm glad its going well for you . . . but as you can imagine, I don't really get it.

BTW, where did your hatred of the 2 stroke come from. . . I don't think I've ever heard the story.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
robwbright said:
BTW, where did your hatred of the 2 stroke come from. . . I don't think I've ever heard the story.
It all started on the island of Iwo Jima. My dad was running messages from the command post to the front lines on a BSA 441 Victor. All the sudden, two enemy soldiers (Torakusu Yamaha and Sochiro Honda) on patrol on their two stroke mopeds ambushed him and killed him.

Hated two-strokes ever since.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
wow!! That is too much awesome.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
:laugh: :rotfl: :yikes:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
CRazy250 said:
instead of doing all this you could keep the yz80 and you dont have to do any modifications to make better than a ttr125
and it wouldn't be half as much fun.

gee, I should jump right on that

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
CRazy250 said:
im not trying to slam you for your project but do you like spending more money to make a slower bike?
Little do you know how much I've spent, cuz I ain't spent a whole helluva lot. I'll probably come out ahead, for that matter.

and I'm not making a slower bike. I'm making a funner bike.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
okay, more pics . . .

the recipient minus the swingarm, the YZ swingarm with the hand made spacer, and the swingarm mounted via just the pivot bolt . . .

Attachments

• frankenbike 019.jpg
    frankenbike 019.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 209
  • frankenbike 020.jpg
    frankenbike 020.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 215
  • frankenbike 021.jpg
    frankenbike 021.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 219

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
oh, and by the way, this is the WRONG way to bolt up the linkage. I'll post a pic of the right way later, but I don't feel like crawling around under the bike now.

Attachments

• frankenbike 022.jpg
    frankenbike 022.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 210

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Top shock mount . . . did a bit of gusseting and whatnot, and the shock is mounted with the reservoir on the exhaust pipe side because I needed clearance on the right side for the intake tract and the battery for the e-start.

Attachments

• frankenbike 026.jpg
    frankenbike 026.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 226

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
here's the right side . . . still gotta mount the brake reservoir, unless I score a master cylinder off a newer 125 or 250 with the built in reservoir. I also have to do a little tweaking on the master cylinder mount, as the swingarm hits it when it bottoms. Plus a little adjusting on the custom brake pedal.

Attachments

• frankenbike 029.jpg
    frankenbike 029.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 219
  • frankenbike 030.jpg
    frankenbike 030.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 212

Top Bottom