Damn Yankees do Paragon, again. May 1st & 2nd

butch_ltgtr

Jan 7, 2004
Can you guys answer some questions for me?

I just got my wife and son bikes and they are currently in the "riding around in the yard" phase of learning. I plan to get them on some trails as soon as the weather breaks.

My question is, would this "event" be a good place for all of us to come ride with you guys? We love to camp, so this sounds right up our alley! Dirt bikes and camping, you can't get much better than that!

Will there be any other women/families in attendance? I know my wife would love to have some support on that front...

Thanks,
-Butch

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Butch,

This should be a go/od ride for your family, there will be other wives and kids there to ride with.  There will also be groups that they can ride with if you wanted to get out on something a little more challanging for a while, and they can stay on the easier stuff.

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Definetly looking forward to riding and hanging out with the "wild" canadians again. I'll keep an eye out for the ****hawks ! FLYIN_Kaw and the Huckster are good company on and off the trail!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
What's the deal? I know it's early but the ride on Saturday would start at what time? I have a 4 hour drive and need to know what time to start. Not that I need to know right now but, food for thought. Ah heck maybe I'll just drive down on Friday and stay in a nice Motel :confused:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
MOTEL???????????? Silly, Silly Dapper...you're supposed to camp when you go to Paragon!

Anyway...I believe last year we started somewhere around 10 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday morning, but most of us arrived Friday afternoon/early evening.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
10 AM is the usual time to be ready to ride from the Paragon parking lot. I agree with Sammy, camp.

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Camp Camp Camp Camp, Camp Camp Camp Camp.
Oh ya Food Food Food Food.
and don't forget Beer Beer Beer Beer :)
Hey Sqeaky seeing you've done some riding now, maybe you can show me a few moves.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Alright here we go again. You guys always pick the weekend of a good enduro to get together :(. Maybe I can come up on Saturday to meet everybody and get out for an easy family ride. Well I'll know better when it gets closer to the time to go.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by FLYIN_KAW
Hey Sqeaky seeing you've done some riding now, maybe you can show me a few moves.
If you're lucky you'll get a replay of my "attempting the expert trail" moves from last year... ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by TreeJumper
Only moves i saw you doing involved a kicking motion! :laugh:

Do you really wanna get into that? ;)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
OK Heres the latest on the MX tracks at Paragon....They will not be there by May, but the tracks should be open before summer. It looks like DirtWurx will be building the tracks for them, so once started, they will be completed within a few weeks. Plans are for a natural terrain MX track, an expert level track, an intermediate track, an ATV track, and supercross style track.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
scooter1130 said:
OK Heres the latest on the MX tracks at Paragon....They will not be there by May, but the tracks should be open before summer. It looks like DirtWurx will be building the tracks for them, so once started, they will be completed within a few weeks. Plans are for a natural terrain MX track, an expert level track, an intermediate track, an ATV track, and supercross style track.
What about the begginer/family friendly trails? We talked about it one of the times I was there. Any time estimates on those? I liked to be able to take my wife and daughter on a real easy loop.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gxdragon said:
What about the begginer/family friendly trails? We talked about it one of the times I was there. Any time estimates on those? I liked to be able to take my wife and daughter on a real easy loop.
I had lunch with Reid yesterday, and we were talking about what was going on, but he didn't mention the beginner track and I forgot to ask. I'm sure that will be in the works too, since the beginner track was already 3/4 complete last time I saw it. And if not, you can always send them out for a nice easy loop on the expert track :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
oops...you were right Treejumper, he did say trails.....ohhh well, that I can't answer, I don't know how much more is going to be done with the actual trails in the near future...we will have to wait a few months until things get settled, and the new season starts, then I will know more about what to expect in the line of new trails...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man I'm getting excited to ride and it's only 10 degrees out side :eek:

We start riding from the lower end of the Paragon parking lot at 10:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday. If you get there early and want to start riding just be back in the lot by 10. Last year we had more people on Saturday than Sunday so if you can only make it one day there will be plenty of people to ride with.

I can't wait to ride with everyone again!!!:)

Top Bottom