Darn!! Looks like Troy may be cancelled again.

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
motonews.com has the story. Looks like Troy has been cancelled again. I can't get to Kenworthy's website to verify, but motonews is usually right on top of things.

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
I can get to the site now www.kenworhtysmxpark.com

Here is the release directly from there.

"Due to recent heavy rain, the track has AGAIN flooded and regrettably has forced us to cancel Round 12 of the AMA Chevy Pro National Motocross Championship that was scheduled to take place this weekend, September 5-7.

We look forward to hosting the U.S. Motocross Championship again next year and look forward to the 2004 season."

yota

Oct 9, 2001
Wow. Looks like Langston/KTM get their 1st Nat'l Championship, although with an asterisk. Was really looking forward to the last 125 motos though.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, it's been canceled.
This from Cyclenews:
According to AMA Pro Racing, Duke Finch made it official this morning: The Troy, Ohio, National Motocross has been canceled due to rain - again! The championships are both officially over as the Troy MX track is again underwater.
As far as I'm concerned, good riddance. My patience for orange bikes with sudden rear axle or brake seizures 5 ft from the finish line was growing thin. What an ugly season. Sure hope Grant enjoys the trophy. I will always consider this tainted for 2 of several reasons 1) the pullovers 2) JBS' late entry and 100% victory rate thereafter. He just makes those so-called champs look like dumbasses.

Top Bottom