boy san

Dec 4, 2002
i wrote a thread earlier about intake upgrades.

whats the difference between the delta force II reed cage and reeds and the boyesen power reeds?

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I haven't tried the rad valve or boysen reeds, but I do have the DF II. It has a larger surface area and is also adjustable. Moto Tassinari list three advantages to it.
1. Longer reed petal life.
2. More efficient fuel delivery for instant throttle response.
3. As a result of the reed petals only traveling half the distance of a stock cage design, the petals are able to open completely at high RPM's.
I have mine set for top end, I now have a stronger mid range and finally got some top end. My 220 w/ the kg-35 doesn't need anymore bottom end. Good luck, try www.mototassinari.com

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
1. Longer reed petal life

^^ Complete lie, the reed petals have about HALF the life time as compared to stock or boyesen. But of course there gonna say that when they want to sell there product right?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
shift..you are wrong. Undeniably and absolutely wrong. What is your basis for that statement?? Don't know why I ask...cuz if you HAVE one, that's wrong, too!

My riding buddy (200 kdx) and I rode every weekend for about a year. So..two bikes, same mods (except for the reed cage), same riding style, jetted alike etc etc. After that year, we compared his DFII to my boyesen radvalve. His reeds were in perfect shape. Mine were: cracked, frayed, split and sprung.

My riding buddy (and his bike) was involved in the development of the DFII for the kdx 200. He tried a number of reed setups from MT for the 200 until they got it right. One of the comparisons we used was how his bike ran against mine. When he was happy with the last setup they provided for his use...AND he 'all of a sudden' could leave me behnd on a regular basis...he knew they had it right.

Both of us are a bit familiar with the DFII and how it came to be.

It works. You're more'n welcome to not use one.

I'll wave to you as I go by. ;)

FTR, MT does say that their reeds last longer on the 'hi' tension position than the 'low'. The 'low' tension allows more reed movement than the 'hi'. Guess that's an obvious statement...

Last edited:

gooleo

Nov 5, 2002
sounds like the DFII is the way to go. is the major differenct just on the composite make up? what is the jet set up like?

thanks

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
The MT DV's have 2x the petal area, from 2x as many petals. Simplified, its like stuffing 2 reed cages together. It can flow more with less pressure differential, and, the reeds don't have to travel nearly as far to get the needed flow, hence the good reed life.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
This just in!!!

My one brain cell thought of this after my last post, but it may be of import.

re: reed petal life

The DFII differs from the DF in a number of ways. One of 'em being tipped reeds. That may certainly be one of the reasons the DFII reeds last as well as they do.

If a comparison is being made to the DF (not II) or some other MT reed product, that:
1. May be true
2. Has no bearing on this discussion of the DFII

re: jetting
I don't recall that I changed my jetting sequence with the DFII from my radvalve. Certainly, 'your' bike should be jetted to suit 'you'. You may find a tad leaner works better.

Top Bottom