firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Now I have read—and been told—that men don’t talk about stuff to commiserate, they only talk about things to FIX a problem. That’s why you don’t say “I feel fat today” to a man because he will say “So why don’t you go on a diet?” when your girlfriends will say “I know how you feel.”

Now apparently that rule isn’t hard and fast. One notable exception is if you are trying to discuss problems within a relationship—then men don’t want to discuss them, fix them, or admit they exist. How in the HELL do you expect something to run forever if you don’t work on it? Your bike won’t fix itself, why should a relationship? Plus, like a loose part, the problem will only get worse if you ignore it.

IS there a way to discuss things with a man without putting him on the defensive?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks, bud. That helps SO much.

Does bludgeoning him with a sawed off baseball bat work? I'll try that instead, if it would be effective.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by firecracker22
Does bludgeoning him with a sawed off baseball bat work? I'll try that instead, if it would be effective.
Yes.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
So is this like potty training a puppy? Just beat the hell out of him until he remembers the lesson? How many beatings does it take? Do I have to stop when he shows signs of learning or can I continue until my frustrations are gone?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You see FC you have classic signs of a woman in denail, how could you have man problems when the man(doesnt matter who he is BTW)is perfect so there is no need to discuss realtionship problems, as they only exist in your mind:)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Some times you can over tune your bike! when your better off just going for a nice ride. as for the puppy thing if use the news paper bit to much, some time when you go get the paper to read you'll have puppy pee by the door.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL....trust me, yzeater...be very afraid!

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
All you need to remember is that we (men) need the following three things and we are fine:

SEX
SILENCE
SUPPER

Anything else you're pushing your luck...... We don't believe there is something philosophical about everything that happens in life..... Just like the saying $@#@ happens, there is truth in this saying..... Just stick w/ the 3S' and you'll be fine.... And try not to set us up w/ the age old question, "Do I look fat to you?" Why must we be tested???? ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I know how you feel. :scream:

BTW- Maybe you should go on a diet. :moon: :D

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hey, Joust....
What does it mean when a man gets none of the three?

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
So is this like potty training a puppy? Just beat the hell out of him until he remembers the lesson?
Sort of. I know that if I am in the Dog House for the same thing more than once, I take notice.
But my girl knows she is better off talking to her girlfriends about those type of things. I still hear it all the time, I just say what she wants to hear, if she keeps asking the same question, I just start doing something else or walk into another room.
Men and Women can talk, but Basically guys talk shop, women go into depth. I dont know how many times a question from the lil lady will be beaten down by her, when she looks at me and I have that glazed look on my face, its not too much longer that I hear her in the bedroom on the phone talking to her girlfriend about it, usually an hour. then my face looks like this -> :)
If its a serious issue, I will have an attention span, like someone is in the hospital or something. But once I hear "do you like this color eye shadow?".
bye bye :uh:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Like I posted in another thread...

Show up naked.

Bring beer.

That'll get our attention... at least until Sportscenter comes on. :scream:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL!!!
Ah, to be single again........:)

I remember when I was a kid, my dad had his 62 harley in pieces on the kitchen table and floor for several weeks.....mom and dad were divorced when I was 9. :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
discuss problems within a relationship

Better get used to it, that's how it works. You show me a relationship without problems, and I'll show you a couple that is lying through their teeth.

So is this like potty training a puppy? Just beat the hell out of him until he remembers the lesson?

Training? This does not sound so good.

Let's remember the basics about men, women and partner selection.

1) Men choose their women, hoping that the woman will never change. (i.e. weight, hair length, love drive, etc.)
2) Women choose thier men, hoping to change that man. (i.e. slob like qualities, belching, farting, beer guzzling etc.)
3) Neither gets what they hope for.

If you want some in depth help with your dilemna, perhaps you should get to the point. Wherein doth the problem lie, firecracker? What is it this man needs to be "trained" on. What has he done to require a "bludgeoning" to bring him to his senses.

:p

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Firecracker22"How in the HELL do you expect something to run forever if you don’t work on it?"

We get a new one if it becomes a problem..... J/K :p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Jaybird - So was the divorce before or after the Harley in the kitchen?

YZ Joust - Thanks for the coffee on the keyboard LMAO

RoosteR13 - You are falling into a trap. Do NOT try to reason with a female.
Step away from the keyboard before its too late :debil:

YZeater - Me too buddy, me too!

Vic - It was nice having you around while it lasted. Try to log on from the hospital when you come to :)

WoodsRider - :aj:

Truthfully though - if its that tough maybe he's just not the right one?

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
TTR - trust me buddy, that was not an attempt at reason, that was a sarcastic jab to the rib cage! :eek:

I learned not to try reasoning with a female a few years back. I still have no idea what the heck happened. There was a lot of swearing, slamming doors, crying, suitcases, squealing tires, then suddenly a real empty house.......and a sherrif with some sort of disolwhodamakai papers for me to sign :eek:

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
TTR Guy YZ Joust - Thanks for the coffee on the keyboard LMAO

Just trying to do my part.... I'm glad to see I'm not the only one w/ coffee spewing from my nose when I get on this site..... ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hmm...typical male responses. Glad to see that the male DRN constituent is typical of society in general! ;)

So, can you provide a little detail, FC? Don't mean to be too nosy, but different situations require different tactics. Is it a money thing, a free-time thing, a work thing, etc? We might be able to help, that is if you can get beyond all the digital noise on this thread!

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Oh Firecracker22, there is so much to read, can I at least watch tv while I read your post...

Note, how my wife will not let me multi-task when we are having a discussion... usually comprised of me listening. No, I mean really listening, not just hearing... yes there is a big difference. I'm sorry honey... (practicing for when I get home). If I could just get PMS once to know what its like...

Top Bottom