Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have pretty much planned my schedule (such that it is) around being at the farm over the holiday weekend and am really hoping to work that out. Let the riding begin!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Memorial Day Weekend it is.

Although it might cause some problems for a few people overall it is the best option.

I'll arrive Friday night evening around 5:30 or so and make a quick run through the trees to check for downed trees etc.
Ride Saruday. Have a cookout Saturday night. I don't know what the menu is yet. I'll post it as sson as I know.

We'll ride Sunday, if there is enough interest we could go in to Stillwater and ride the 500 or stay at the farm and ride there. That'll be a decision probably made Saturday night around the campfire.

Ride Monday morning leave sometime early afternoon.

For those that don't know the farm has a 6 mile loop of tight woods with a few rocks. We usually will start running it backwards about half way through the day to make for a total of over 12 miles. Some open pasture. There is one small little loop with a few little jumps and bermed corners. Great place for the little guys. You can just turn them loose and not worry about them.

Bring your tents or campers. I'm sure my family will have the cabins all occupied. :(

Mostly just good friends hanging out at a private place. Let me know if you coming So I can plan the meals.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Kathi and I are THERE! I dont think it is possible any longer to go without her, especially at the farm. Let me know what to bring for the group meals so that you dont have to foot the whole bill. I will bring my small gas grill and a lantern.

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
*raises hand*
being the out of touch college student that i am would someone enlighten me as to when memorial day weekend is??? :scream:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, what are the dates - I would like to make the trip.

Alan

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Calendar check.....

Memorial day is May 27th, unless EVERY calendar I checked was wrong... :debil:
Originally posted by VioletSP
*raises hand*
being the out of touch college student that i am would someone enlighten me as to when memorial day weekend is??? :scream:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We can get everyone direction as the weekend get near. If you are planning on attending Dirtweek 2002 you will only have to travel an additional 30 miles to get to the farm(from points south and west).

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Yep. At Cooperland. It's a few miles from the 500. Good trails and a nice mx track. You gotta come out everyday after class and ride during DW.Then campout Friday and Saturday and race. :aj:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'll arrive Friday night evening around 5:30 or so and make a quick run through the trees to check for downed trees etc.

Oh, sure use that as a excuse to cut out early from work and go riding why don't ya!

It sounds like a fun time. I hope to make it. From reading the ride report it sounds like you had a blast after the SX. Bummed that I did not get to make it. :whiner:

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
it would be fun to come out and watch you guys if you're doing the mx and cross country stuff. let me know and if i have time i just might make an appearance- but who knows cause it is dead week.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
should be there

i talked to the wife about it and she said no prob. i sure do love that woman. i might even talk her into going too. ill have to head home sunday afternoon. gotta work monday. ill be bringing stephen and maybe the daughter you never saw.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
Now Thump, Twinspat, and a few others are convinced that Shady Grove (Shinny Grove) is the only riding place left on the face of the planet so I doubt you can coax them out of their little bitty world much less get them to ride north of the Red River, but I game for any new riding, but I don't think my wife will be happy if you eat me for dinner. :confused:
Hey Dillweed, where were you a week ago Monday? Hmmm I was at The Badlands. I'll try to make it up if I can. Dogs might be a problem though.... $$$$ to board them and I am a bit strapped on cash. All this assuming my bike is fixed by then.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
That qualifies as a "Pack of dogs". Its pretty hard to unload one dog on your buds when you want to leave for the weekend let alone a whole pack.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
going to ask for a KP tonight. Maybe I can use that to give my daughter a chance to try out the XR100 before Dirtweek!

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
You are welcome to bring the dogs, if they wouldn't kill you getting there. ;) No pens or anything to put them in though.

Top Bottom