Help Name my Dog! Penton or Sampson??

Which Name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Well, it seems a new dog has joined us here at Camp Chaos – and he needs a name. The family went through a voting process, eliminated some great names from contention, but has stalemated on these two choices:

Penton Or Sampson

A third option is for us to keep his name from the prior owner, which was Prince. So far, our family feels Prince is an OK name, yet don’t think it fits the best.

Here is some back ground on the dog

He is a 1 year old Male Golden Retriever we got from a local family. They had 5 kids under the age of 9 and # 6 on the way so decided they were not up to the task of raising a 1 year old high energy sort of dog. As you can see from the picture, he is a big boy – weighing about 70 lbs. with a massive head, big feet and solid legs. Personality wise, he is a typical Golden – pet me pet me…absolutely loves people. He is a easy going sort of dog – surprisingly mellow. Plays well with our kids (age 15 and 13).

One other thing of note, he is joining our current dog – a little black mutt name Metzler.

So cast your vote!

Attachments

• no name dog 2.jpg
    no name dog 2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 146
  • no name dog with Metzler.jpg
    no name dog with Metzler.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 152

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well since he is 1 he'll be used to the name prince. You could probably change his name but it might take some time and alot of dog treats.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
He looks like a Penton to me.

:cool:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I voted Penton.

Nice to see that you got someone to keep that "U.P. Cheeseburger Hound" company. Give um both a scratch on the head for me.

Mully

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Looks more like a David to me.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
How about Kilo, kinda fitting for that type of dog.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Pirelli was the first one I came up with actually, but the wife and kids shot that down...but did like the fact it started with "pr" so was similar to his old name of Prince. Maxxis, or any names starting with M was shot down by the boss lady as in our house now there is me (Mike) my two sons (Mark and Mitch) and the dog Metzler! Now, Kilo sounds interesting....wonder if one of my cop friends might wonder though?

Hey Mully - if you are riding the Jackpine, I am sure my wife and kids would run gas for you again - and you meet No Name Dog in person.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Metzler is really cute too. He looks like a happy dog, they both do actually. I had a black dog like that when I was really young, his name was Joey.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I LIKE Penton better but I voted Sampson, cus he looks more like a Sampson then a Penton to me! Now CZ , that would have won my heart! ;)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
KTM Mike said:
Hey Mully - if you are riding the Jackpine, I am sure my wife and kids would run gas for you again - and you meet No Name Dog in person.

:cool: That would be great. To find you I will just walk through the pits untill Metzler howls at me. :)

And I look forward to meeting "insert name here"

Mully

PS: It should be Penton, it fits well as a pit doggy.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
kdx200chick said:
How about, "the dog formerly known as Prince"...Just kidding...

:rotfl: That's funny!

kdx200chick said:
Sampson really seems to suit his cute face."

Agreed! Sampson gets my vote! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom