Troy_776

Jul 6, 2001
ridding website

this website is my buddies but it has me on it and my stuff and soem info about me and my ridding buddies its pretty cool check it out and if u dont like it thats cool too just check it and i am
Todd Springer #776http://www.geocities.com/lil_fisha14/home.html

and yes that is me on the front page on my old banshee and a custom helment that Joe More painted for me.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Helmets anyone??

Ya I just LOVE the pic of you riding with NO gear or HELMET on... IN the STREET no less.

Hey, its a good thing you went through the effort to make a nice looking website, but how about protecting yourself a little. I mean you've got two bikes you should be able to afford equiptment AND have sense enough to wear it.

BTW, In the above mentioned photograph you might notice the 3 warning lables clearly visible on the quad, you might want to read them. :D

Troy_776

Jul 6, 2001
hey every body

we are going to the dunes this weekend so be checkin the website for some more information and the third dune trip pics and keep lookin cause we ride alot and when we finally get matt around to it he will update his site and it is turning out really good.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Re: and

Originally posted by the moron who gives the rest of us a bad name:
**** dude u dont need a helment when u know what u are doing. but thanx for the inside DAD.

**** dude u don't need a condom if u know what ur doing either but hopefully you don't learn that lesson the hard way you're going to learn the helmet lesson! Do I really need to post some smashed skull gore pictures here? Obviously you're not smart enough to be a contributing member of society so hopefully you will kill yourself before you breed and produce more children with your intellect.

Seriously, Troy, grow up! They make those things for a reason! If you didn't need one if you know what you're doing, Jeremy and Ricky and Travis wouldn't wear them either! Even the freestyle rebel wannabes wear helmets! It doesn't matter whether or not you know what you're doing, the hand of fate can reach out and bit$% slap any one of us.

Pull your head out and put a helmet on it.

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Re: and

Originally posted by Troy_776
**** dude u dont need a helment when u know what u are doing. but thanx for the inside DAD.

Troy, this is "DAD" talking. So what your telling me is RC and all the professionals out there don't know what they are doing because they wear helmets? Right?

Please take a trip down to your local ER or ambulance service and ask them what happened to the people they met who thought they "knew" what they were doing.

Troy (my son) obvoiusly you are a fairly good rider but everyone is going to crash, so why dont you wear that helmet so they don't have to reconstruct your nose, ears and just wreck that pretty little face of yours. PLEASE WEAR A HELMET!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
17 going on 2

It happened to a friend of mine from high school. He was an experienced off-road and street rider. One day, during his senior year, he was riding home from school and got cut-off by a car. His head bounced off the curb and he went into a coma. Three months later he awoke and had the mental capacity of a two-year old. That was 17 years ago. At 34 he's now in an assisted living facility because his parents can no longer take care of him. He can't walk and can only be pushed around in a wheelchair. He wears diapers, can't feed himself and communicates by grunting, moaning and screaming. At the time of the accident his $300 helmet was strapped to the back of his bike. It was just too nice of a day to wear a helmet.

If you think this is somehow meant to be funny, guess again. Seeing a friend and his family go through an ordeal like this is terrible. Knowing that it could have been prevented is the worst part. If you still find it funny, then I think you should ask Lorena Bobbitt to your prom.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Jeez, I was going to reply until I saw Firecracker's response. I'll keep out of this one.....

I'm guessing this kid is going to be the recipient of a Darwin award. Anyone want to place bets?

Troy_776

Jul 6, 2001
hey everyone

including u dad i just want to say that yes i do wear a helment shoot i have two of them but that was me going down my road in like first or second gear its not like i do that everyday my friend brought down his camera and took some pics i was screwin around and i do race a little and i respect helments so lets not think im the big rebel of my town i do wear a helment. And yes i have had my fair spills and my helment has saved my ass plenty of times so im sorry if i have showed u guys the wrong impression of my self i dont mean to be imatture but i think that helments are cool and yes i do wear one. And i didnt say a damn thing about any pro rider out there about not wearing helment but i bet that they have gone down their land and rode a wheelie or something without a helment on so quit pointing the fingers at me ya all.
peace out and sorry for the big contraversy and Dad i am just messin with ya by calling u dad i hope u know that and i know u are messin with me by calling me your son. so peace out ya all and ride safely.

Troy_776

Jul 6, 2001
ohh

and everyone that is me on the front page just to let you know i am on the banshee with my custom painted helment from a good friend of mine.
i will put some pics of it on there soon just keep checkin the site for some updates. peace out.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Peace out!! Oh, no, I'm having flashbacks! Remember, XRP?

Troy, I'm glad you do wear a helmet most of the time (notice that there is no "n" in "helmet?") but you NEED to wear one ALL of the time.

How many of us have injuries we got at low speeds or while just out for a quick ride to check our jetting? That is where most of us have gotten injuries since that is where you're least likely to be paying attention. IMO, quads are more dangerous than bikes--they weigh more, they have a tendency to chase you down if they land on their wheels, and there is more of it to control. I am not into that but that's just me. People also get into trouble on them since they think they are "safer" just because they have more wheels.

Wear a helmet, all the time.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
FC, That was very Ladylike and demure:( ;)

I thought I might add this, my daughter who rides a bike pretty darn good was loading up her moms quad and she gas it a little to hard up the ramp.

Needless to say she went off the other side,nose first over the bars landing on her head. Thank god she knows to wear a helmet anytime she sits on the seat of any ride.

The only damage was her pride and a small raspberry on her elbow

When Murphy's around sh*t happens fast

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
OK Todd (son),
I do get that you probably wear a helmet 95% of the time and I know you were messing with me. Some of us here just have been through the ringer sort of say because somebody got hurt riding without a helmet. I've seen riding areas close, major police crackdowns and total hatred toward us from the entire community because somebody got hurt riding without a helmet.

What we are saying is that you need to wear a helmet ALL the time. I have a simple rule. If the bike (quad in your case) is running and your butt is on it, a helmet should be on your head, minimum. Why, because when its running and you are sitting on it, there is an incredible temptation to ride it. That's why you need your helmet on. Also, I said minimum because we should wear all our gear when we ride.

We will "peace out" when you "put on" your gear. We most definately don't want you to get hurt Todd.

Signed,
Dad

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
Peace out!! Oh, no, I'm having flashbacks! Remember, XRP?
Don't tell Senior KX Rider! He may start going into motoboy-convulsions!;)

As far as the helmet issue, I concur. And I'm just as guilty as the next guy for not wearing one all the time, but sheesh!, I don't have my picture taken while doing it!

peace out moto!:confused:

Top Bottom