MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
Ok I was in my garage practiceing karatie moves on a punching bag next to a wall. I did a spinning punch move and I missed the bag and I hit a 2X4 sticking out of the wall verey hard. It was a stupid stupid mistake(and please save the coments of why I shouldn't have been doing this I was doing this because I was just bored) and I'll regret for a long time. I cant get myself to the doctors right away because my parents aren't home yet and I cant get a hold of them. The place the 2x4 hit my hand is on top of right before the wrist starts. I can currently move all of my fingers and I can twist my wrist just fine. But my hand is swelling in the area were I hit it and im experiancing dull pain in my hand. I have a bag of ice on my hand and I'm trying to keap it in a steady posision. I'm not sure what I did to my hand if i broke something or I tore ligamets. I'd like to get some suggestions of what I should do while I wait to go to the doctor and If anybody knows what I could have done to my hand. I will be verey graitful of any help from you guys.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Keep ice on it and get to the doctor. It could be badly bruised, you could have broken something you probably need an X-ray.

And when doing spinning techniques always turn your head first and look so you can see what you're going to hit!

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
i hurt my hand real bad just last weekend also, i was riding in the pouring rain(not the smartest thing) and i was in about 2nd, and hit a cement pad in the middle of NOWHERE and slid about 7ft and the break leaver crushed my right hand :( , i knew i should have invested in bark busters earlier!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Is that you Travis? :laugh:

yz125crasher

Jun 20, 2003
If it was broken, you'd know dude. Trust me. I just broke mine this weekend and it wasn't fun. I sure as hell didn't feel like typing after I did it! Kudos on typing one-handed though! You'll be fine.
Remember, ice is good for pretty much any injury. And Pepsi too.
Be more careful next time, dude. Save your injuries for the track!

MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
Welp I went to the doctors and got my hand checked out. It turns out that I just bruised the med carples really bad, the doc said I was lucky because I could have destroyed the nerves in that area or could have broken my hand.
Argh the doctor was like "its a good thing you didn't hurt your self on one of those motor bikes" I would have rather hurt my hand on a dirtbike but oh well. I'll be back out on the track this weekend.

Top Bottom